Saving scanned images to .png *which makes them unreadable on iOS Evernote app*

mrgoerend

What am I doing wrong? I'm taking paper notes in a notebook during a meeting, then when I'm home, I take a picture of the page with Scannable and save it to Evernote. It's coming up as a .png which makes it so it doesn't show up in Evernote.

PJfTqXB.png

woitBLA.png

• 2 months later...

I'm having nearly the same problem.

In settings I have File Type set to PDF because I'd like all of my scans, whether single or multi page, to be PDF.

When I upload to Evernote (automatically via 'Always save to Evernote') they all come through as PDF which is fine. But when I also upload to Dropbox, which I do for virtually all of my scans, the single pages come through to Dropbox as .png but the multi-page still come through as PDF.

Also, I've noticed the sequence of saving something to dropbox is inconsistent between single & multi-page scans:

For single page scan: send / share / save to dropbox

For multi page scan:   send / share / open in... / save to dropbox

This extra step for multi-page scans is not a big deal, but the different file format is a problem when you are wanting PDFs but end up with PNGs.

• Level 5*

Not a Scannable user (I'm Android :mellow:) but Evernote posted recently that the save options in Scannable got slightly hidden - try going to Send > Share > Open in... and then select the method or location you'd like to share to.

Using the gray "Open in..." option on the first share menu will ensure the file is saved as a PDF instead of an image.

Evernote expect this to be fixed in the next update to the Scannable application.

Archived