Feature Request: Headings

I like having a uniformity to my notes, and I'm sure most people are like me and have various headings. While obviously not a dealbreaker, it would be really awesome if I could specify what would essentially be <h1> <h2> etc with font, size, color, style etc rather than having to manually assign all those attributes each time I want a header in a note.

Just a thought!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Agreed a better (or any) style option would be great  but meantime I believe you can achieve what you want using a 'text expander' app like Phrase Express.  It does a great deal more than the description would suggest,  and can translate a keystroke combination into an app activation,  a date (or other) stamp and -I believe- into text styles too.  Worth a look anyway until Evernote get something out...

• Level 5*

Text expanders are really no substitute for Styles.

Styles would allow you to define a style (font, size, bold, color, etc) and then apply it throughout your Note.

If you then changed the Style, it would automatically be reflected in the Note where it was used.

Text expanders are just that:  after the user enters a few characters that triggers the expansion, the TE replaces those character with the definition in the TE app.  Really has nothing to do with style or even formatting the text.

What you can use as a semi-workaround are keyboard macros.  These would allow you to select the text of interest, and then apply a predefined format.  But even a KM is not a style replacement, since changing the definition in the KM does NOT change existing text.

Archived