How to make the fonts consistent for note editor and the published(shared) web note?

I have searched a lot but not find what to do with this issue.

Suppose I set default font in my client at windows to as font courier new and when I try to share my note to friends, they only see the default Gotham font.

Why not sync the font between my client and the web?? It really make no sense.

• Level 5*

Suppose I set default font in my client at windows to as font courier new and when I try to share my note to friends, they only see the default Gotham font.

The way it appears to work to me, is that if you use your default font in your Note, then the font is not hard-coded in the Note.

But, if you use a non-default font in the Note, then it is hard-coded.

So, you might try using a different font (not your default) in your Note, and see if that font is used on the web.

The way it appears to work to me, is that if you use your default font in your Note, then the font is not hard-coded in the Note.

But, if you use a non-default font in the Note, then it is hard-coded.

So, you might try using a different font (not your default) in your Note, and see if that font is used on the web.

Yes, you are right! How could you find this? It is really like something mystical... 

What I had seen is that, anything written in default font of note editor,  will be displayed as only one font in shared link, regardless what the node editor default font is...

It is a little ridiculous why Evernote hides such kind of weird thing. Why not just show what the node editor is ...

Hi.  The font your friends see is probably what they have set in their own preferences,  not what you applied to the note in your own database.

My friend, sometimes I, just open the shared web link within the browser (neither the web editor). No preference is set is web browser.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The font your friends see is probably what they have set in their own preferences,  not what you applied to the note in your own database.

My friend, sometimes I, just open the shared web link within the browser (neither the web editor). No preference is set is web browser.

Sorry - I was imprecise;  different OS's will have different settings,  other users may have added or deleted fonts..  wasn't just referring to Evernote or browser prefs.  Only way to 'fix' the appearance -AFAIK- is to print your layout to PDF and then embed the file in your shared note.

Gotham is the default for body text on the web Beta and presentation mode. The default for headers is Caecilia.

Kudos to @JMichael for spelling the behavior for default fonts out so clearly.

Archived