disable hover links

adamf663

The new beta for evernote puts up a hovering link every time the cursor passes by a link.  If the links are less than 2" apart, then the entire window is nothing but links making it a PITA to place the cursor.

Attached is an example of a hovering URL.  It alone takes up three lines.  The original url plus the hovering  url add up to about 6 lines.  If the urls are less than six lines apart, then it is impossible for the user to place the cursor except if the cursor is placed on the margin.

Is there any way of disabling it?  I am quite capable of clicking on a link without it hovering in my face.

post-68706-0-05454900-1435182218_thumb.p

• 2 years later...

I'm talking about disabling hover links in Evernote for Windows (desktop). My Evernote for Vaio (what you may refer to as the "old version")

stopped responding, so I had to switch to the other one, which is incredibly clunky and user-unfriendly compared to what I had before.

19 minutes ago, biglarry5 said:

I'm talking about disabling hover links in Evernote for Windows (desktop). My Evernote for Vaio (what you may refer to as the "old version")

stopped responding, so I had to switch to the other one, which is incredibly clunky and user-unfriendly compared to what I had before.

I am little confused here. The screenshot you attached appears to be from the web version. My desktop app does not look like anything like that, and also my desktop app does not have the hover over the link at all (I am on V6.7 however).

How Windows app looks

image.png.9e774c4c620ee04867b95913782119ce.png

How the web app looks:

image.png.15058f90b4442efedf92dfb5b1d50c25.png

Your screenshot attached in the original matches the web app.

Am I looking at it completely differently?

Well, I didn't include a screen shot; it was another person with the same question. At any rate, I'm talking about the web app, which I misidentified as Evernote for Windows. I have the latest update of Evernote for Windows sitting on my hard drive, but when I try to open it, it keeps endlessly syncing  and freezes up. That's why I had to switch to the web app. One of the gurus told me that this may be due to the fact that I have a Sony Vaio computer and since Sony stopped making computers a few years ago, their contract for Evernote for Vaio may have run out. It's all very confusing. I don't understand why Evernote for Windows (not for Vaio) wouldn't work on my Windows 7 architecture.

So, getting back to my original question, does anyone know whether hover links can be disabled on the web app since they are a pain?

Archived