Scannable says content uploaded to Evernote when it hasn't been

David Prichard

I'm reposting my comment from a different thread, because Evernote did not respond to it there:

With the iOS app, sometimes I will use the "Save to Evernote" feature and see the blue screen saying "Document saved to Evernote".

When I see this confirmation screen, I press "Done", which clears the scanned document images from the app.

HOWEVER, after a few seconds an error message appears saying "Upload to Evernote failed" (or something similar).

So the first message (the blue screen) was apparently false. The documents have *not* been uploaded to Evernote, and the image files have already been deleted.

On a few occasions when this has happened, I've already shredded the physical documents before I receive the error message, so they are lost forever.

I really like the app when it works correctly, but this error will be a deal breaker for me. The app should only tell me "Document saved to Evernote" when it has really been uploaded to Evernote.

Original thread:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85396-scannable-issues-uploading-to-evernote/

• Level 5*

Hi.  I thought Evernote employee @klang responded to the original report here - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85396-scannable-issues-uploading-to-evernote/?p=363113 - to confirm they're looking at the false notification issue and will fix it in an update.  If you want to make sure they get that your issue is slightly different - false notification of success - I'd suggest a bug report via https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URLs for extra background)

Meantime you could try the Evernote document camera where the scanning engine is still (I think) different from Scannable to see whether that's more reliable.  It hasn't failed for me in a long while but my scans still go into a basket which I empty into a shredder every so often.  The scanner paper feed has occasionally slipped or it's had dirty optics that ruined a scan,  so I make sure I can retrieve pages to rescan if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with Scannable not synching to Evernote (or giving an error message).  Seems a common bug across forums - happy its not just me doing something wrong!  When is the next update you refer to expected please?

Hello all.  This issue should be fixed in Scannable 1.2.  Let us know if you have any questions...

The way that our saving to Evernote works is that Scannable tries to Save to Evernote immediately.  If for some reason we're unable to do so (e.g, poor connection, Evernote service error), we let you know through a push notification and try again next time you launch the app.  There are some rare scenarios where the save will never be successful. For example, if your default notebook has been deleted, then we will continually try to save to a notebook that isn't there and fail every time.  Another case is if the scan you're saving is exceptionally large and exceeds the maximum note size limit for your service level.

In these cases, we've provided a way for you to stop the attempts without losing your scanned document.  When you see this dialog repeatedly, just choose to email the document to yourself and the notifications should stop.

I hope this helps!

P.J.

Archived