How do I get my number notes to arrange in order inside a notebook.

Hello,

New Evernote user hear. I'm a teacher and I've created a course notebook on my iPad. Inside the notebook I have saved 15 classes to teach at an upcoming conference overseas.

I've numbered the classes 1-15 in the class title. However, the numbers arrange out of order. The show up 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, then 2-9.

How do I get them to simply arrange 1-15? I have them arranged by title.

Thank you for your help.

• Level 5*
@RevGilliam:

JBenson2 has given you the basic solution.

You might also want to consider adding a common prefix to the Note title for all of these classes.

This would allow you to both sort and filter (using the search intitle: qualifier).

(you could also use a tag for the course number)

For example, if these are all classes for a specific course, use the course number, like HIST-1234.

So, you would have:

HIST-1234-00 <course master note/description>

• After you create all of the below notes, you could sort by Title, select them, "Copy Note Links" and paste into this master note

HIST-1234-01 <class details>

HIST-1234-02 <class details>

HIST-1234-03 <class details>

. . .

I just used this approach with a long document with many major sections.

I made each section a separate Note and deleted that section from the master Note.

So I ended up with a master Note that provides an overview, with Note Links as the TOC.

This is just an example of one possibility, designed to give you some ideas on how you might design your Evernote Notes.

@RevGilliam:

JBenson2 has given you the basic solution.

You might also want to consider adding a common prefix to the Note title for all of these classes.

This would allow you to both sort and filter (using the search intitle: qualifier).

(you could also use a tag for the course number)

For example, if these are all classes for a specific course, use the course number, like HIST-1234.

So, you would have:

HIST-1234-00 <course master note/description>

• After you create all of the below notes, you could sort by Title, select them, "Copy Note Links" and paste into this master note
HIST-1234-01 <class details>

HIST-1234-02 <class details>

HIST-1234-03 <class details>

. . .

I just used this approach with a long document with many major sections.

I made each section a separate Note and deleted that section from the master Note.

So I ended up with a master Note that provides an overview, with Note Links as the TOC.

This is just an example of one possibility, designed to give you some ideas on how you might design your Evernote Notes.

This is great info! Thank you. I really like using the course title/number to keep the master note with the courses. Looks professions too.

Archived