Notes created with iPhone are not synchronized

Hi guys,

I have a constant issue with synchronization of any note created on my iPnone.

Even a simple note with one word are not synchronized.

If I send a file using email - it appears on the iPhone app and the Mac app.

The notes created on my Mac are synchronizing with the iPhone, so it works only one way.

Tried to reboot the device, cleared cache, cleared Trash - no result, notes are not syncronizing.

Previously I contacted the Support team and they advised to delete the iPhone app and re-install it. Well, I did it and it worked out for some time.

To delete and synchronize all notes again takes really long time and very inconvenient.

What would you suggest as a solution?

Thanks,

Vyacheslav

• Level 5*

Very strange.  This happens for every note that you create on the iPhone?  If you modify an existing note, created somewhere else, does it sync?  Is there anything "different" about any of the notes you've created on the iPhone.  Perhaps one note is gumming up the works, big picture, special characters....  Anyway, are there any clues in the activity log on the iPhone (Settings - Support - Activity Log)? 

Hi. Every note, created on iPhone doesn't sync. Even simplest note with one word 'test' doesn't sync. However notes created on Mac - appear on iPhone. Desparate. Previously it was working perfectly, but not now. Evernote Support team advise to delete the app. Well, I did it once, but the issue is not resolved. So, the bug is in app soft.

• Level 5*

Hi - you say it takes a long time to download all your notes;  are these notes set for 'offline searching' on your phone?  How much storage space do you have on the phone?  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling without any offline searchable notes to see if new notes will then sync,  and then maybe using a smaller notebook of notes to view on the phone when you're offline.  If you don't have any such notes,  downloading the database doesn't happen - all you get is an index for searches.

• Level 5*

I would suggest looking at the activity log to be sure there isn't a note that for some reason is causing the sync to fail.  It has happened before to others.

• Level 5*

@vs-sss:

I've used EN iOS on my iPhones and iPads for years, and have always had some Offline Notebooks.

I've never had any issues with Offline NB causing sync issues, nor have I seen anyone who actually uses an iOS device report such a behavior.

A much more likely cause is the one that @csihilling mentioned:  a corrupted Note(s) created on your iPhone that is preventing any syncs.  As he said you can review the EN iPhone Settings > Support > Activity Log to see if there are any clues, and then deleting the problem note(s), and emptying the EN Trash.

If this does not resolve your issue, even though you said you did it once, you might try:

1. Delete the Evernote iOS app
  2. Restart your iPhone
  3. Redownload/install the Evernote app
  4. Before you setup Offline NBs (which might take a while to download), try creating a new Note and do a manual sync.

Evernote has had a series of iOS updates very quickly recently, so perhaps you caught one with a bug.

Thanks @gazumped. Will try to do as proposed, however Off-line notes are very important for me. 

I use iPhone6 64Gb. Enough free space.

Hi - you say it takes a long time to download all your notes;  are these notes set for 'offline searching' on your phone?  How much storage space do you have on the phone?  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling without any offline searchable notes to see if new notes will then sync,  . . .

Archived