Unable to View Notes Inline

kdeemer

Idea

Sometimes my Notes get set to "View As Attachment" and there doesn't seem anyway  to revert them. A note that is shown inline has the right-click option to View as Attachment, but one set as attachment has no menu option to go the other way. What's up with that?

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

To be clear, the choices of "View as Attachment" and "View Inline" apply to attachments to your Note, not the Note itself.

I just checked in Ver 6.0.12 (and all previous versions) running Mavericks (10.9.5), and I am able to switch between these attachment views by right-clicking on the top left section of the attachment header, usually where the attachment icon is, and choosing the view (opposite of the current view).

If this does not work for you, please post the versions of EN Mac and Mac OS you are running.

Thanks. The entire note (as are most of my notes) is a pdf. Almost all of the pdf notes display inline. And they all have an option to change that to "View as Attachment" but not the other way around. I am running EN 6.0.11 and OS X 10.10.3

• Level 5*

You have to first change the view to "View as Attachment" before you can see the option to "View Inline".

If you can post a small screenshot of the Attachment header bar showing the context menu when you right-click on it I will be better able to understand your setup.

You don't need to do a screenshot of the whole screen, just a small area showing the attachment header and context menu.

• Level 5*

This looks like a bug to me.  See below to report a bug.

It works fine for me, but I'm running Mavericks, whereas you are running Yosemite.

I don't know if the latest version fixes this issue or not, but you could try updating to it.

If you are in China, Japan and Korea, you will have to wait for Ver 6.0.13 (to be released shortly).

Users in all other countries can update to Ver 6.0.12.

Here's screenshot of the context menu when I right-click on the Attachment header:

EN-Mac-6011-Attachment-Context-Menu.gif

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• Level 5*

Please be aware that while bug reporting is already available to all users, it's not a fix.  

IMPORTANT FOR BASIC USERS: Going forward, we are focusing on self-support for free users. In the future, this is what support free users should be able to expect: 

• Continually improving Community, guide, and self-help (knowledge base) resources
  • Support from our agents for login/account access issues
  • Support from our agents for payment issues
  • Ability to report bugs to our developers (although we will only reply if more information is needed to identify the bug)

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/

• Level 5*

Please be aware that while bug reporting is already available to all users, it's not a fix. 

Gaz:  Your statement is not completely accurate.

A bug report may not be an immediate fix, but it may result in one when the developers receive it.

If no one reports a bug, it may never get fixed.

IMO, the more people that report a bug the more likely it is to be fix, sooner rather than later.

So, I encourage everyone who suffers from a bug, to report it.

• Level 5*

@JMichael - my point was that reporting a possible bug (which,  if it exists and can be identified,  will be fixed at some future point) is not the same thing as a request for support and won't necessarily produce anything more in the short term than a ticket number...

@kdeemer - are you a plus or premium user?  If so you can request support on this from Evernote.  Same link,  just pick another option than 'bug report' and use the chat option which appears (7am-7pm PST weekdays) after you click 'continue'.  If this is important to you and there's no apparent solution available,  you could consider becoming plus or premium for a while to get the issue resolved.

If you're a free user,  and no-one else can contribute a definite fix,  you could do some further testing to try and identify the problem.  Are all the files which do have the option available scanned by you?  Are they all OCR'd by you / by Evernote?  Were they emailed into the note,  dragged and dropped,  or clipped?  If you move a PDF to your desktop and re-attach it to the note,  does the option re-appear?  Please try some variations on the above and see whether you can refine the issue a little further...

Archived