Best Previous Version of Evernote

I am experiencing at least once a day crashes of Evernote. Every morning the computer has crashed, and there is a note from EN reporting it. This has gone on through most of version 5. I have around 10,000 entries on EN and it's essential. I'm desperate enough to go back to some previous version, but I don't know what the best, most stable choice would be. Filehippo has virtually all of the past versions. If others have experienced this problem, and have found a stable version, please let me know. Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to see you're having problems.  A lot of work went into stopping the 'crash on launch' syndrome in recent versions,  so it may be worth doing a little troubleshooting before you downdate your version.  Have you tried exiting Evernote,  backing up your database and uninstalling / reinstalling as new?  If you're a premium user you could raise a support ticket too..

If a reinstall doesn't fix this,  the problem may be with a recent note.  Having made a backup you could rename your databases folder - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases - to "Databases.old" and then restart Evernote.  Evernote will re-download your notes from the server onto your desktop and recreate the index and database.

Beware that if you have any local notebooks or unsynced notes you'll need to export these from your current database (if it will stay open long enough).  Post back here for more help with this if necessary...

Archived