Document Search When Upgrading To Premium

If I upgrade from Basic to Premium, will any documents that already exist in my notes be indexed and become searchable?  Or will it only be for new documents I upload?

I've got a ton of PDFs that I want to make searchable.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure about 'existing documents',  though you could pretty quickly resubmit them by exporting all attachments and then reimporting them.  How many PDFs is a 'ton'?

• Level 5*
@Sajan Parikh:

The answer should be YES!

The Evernote KB does NOT state any requirements on when the PDFs were attached to a EN Note.

Once you become Premium, all PDFs should be searchable (but may take a while to become effective).

When you become a Premium account owner, you can use EN Support Chat to resolve this issue, if it occurs.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

When you upgrade to Premium, we queue all your non-indexed notes for indexing. Depending on the volume of unindexed document attachments you currently have in your Free account, and the current length of the queue on the servers, this could be pretty fast, or it could take a while (up to several hours) before your documents become searchable.

• Level 5*

Nancy,

Thanks for the info.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, this DOES include both PDF files and images, right?

When you upgrade to Premium, we queue all your non-indexed notes for indexing. Depending on the volume of unindexed document attachments you currently have in your Free account, and the current length of the queue on the servers, this could be pretty fast, or it could take a while (up to several hours) before your documents become searchable.

Archived