Delete notebook without deleting contents.

I have decided to switch from notebooks to tags. However I have created a whole population of notebooks which I would now like to delete. I tried and experiment and created a dummy notebook with some dummy notes. When I deleted the notebook the notes were gone. 

Is there some way to clear my notebooks while keeping the notes? Does it matter if I don't?

Pro tem I have removed the notebook tab from the sidebar and just have the list of tabs showing.

Advice would be gratefully received.

Paul

I have decided to switch from notebooks to tags. However I have created a whole population of notebooks which I would now like to delete. I tried and experiment and created a dummy notebook with some dummy notes. When I deleted the notebook the notes were gone. 

Yes, deleting a notebook will delete all the notes in the notebook. This is typical & expected behaviour. IE, if you delete a folder from your hard drive, all the files & folders in that folder are deleted.

Is there some way to clear my notebooks while keeping the notes?

Move the notes from the notebook you want to delete to a notebook you want to keep.

Does it matter if I don't?

I don't understand what you're asking.

Archived