[BUG] "List indent increase/decrease" shortcuts don't work inside tables

Hi, as stated in the subject the "List indent increase/decrease" keyboard shortcuts (TAB / TAB+SHIFT) don't work inside tables in Mac.

I used them on both Mac/Windows but since I updated Mac Evernote to 6.0.10 they don't work anymore (Win version seems fine).

Now when I press TAB/TAB+SHIFT the text cursor moves to the next cell of the table instead of increasing/decreasing the list indent.

I hope you can sort it out.

Thanks

• Level 5*

I'm not sure this is a bug.

TAB has been used in tables in Word (Mac and Win) for a long time to move to the next cell, even if cursor is in a list.

Just tested TextEdit, and TAB moves to the next cell, unless the cursor is in a list.  Then it increases the indent.

Couldn't find a keystroke to move to the next cell if you in a list in a cell.

Seems like I remember CTRL-TAB used to do this, but it doesn't now.

So, for Evernote, maybe a good design is for TAB to indent if in a list, and CTRL-TAB to move to the next cell.

Your thoughts?

I'm not sure this is a bug.

TAB has been used in tables in Word (Mac and Win) for a long time to move to the next cell, even if cursor is in a list.

Just tested TextEdit, and TAB moves to the next cell, unless the cursor is in a list.  Then it increases the indent.

Couldn't find a keystroke to move to the next cell if you in a list in a cell.

Seems like I remember CTRL-TAB used to do this, but it doesn't now.

So, for Evernote, maybe a good design is for TAB to indent if in a list, and CTRL-TAB to move to the next cell.

Your thoughts?

This is a bug because the behavior is not as declared by Evernote itself, just check (in the Mac OS X version) the menu "Format > Lists > Increase/Decrease List Level" and you can realize how the keyboard shortcuts suggested there are plain wrong. That's because the behavior of the kb shortcuts has changed in (one of) the last version(s) and the developers probably didn't realize the problem, otherwise they would have changed the mentioned menu.

I agree with you about the TAB use in Word/TextEdit & Co. but what I'm saying is that doesn't look good to modify the behavior for such keystrokes without providing a substitute.

I've just submitted a ticket regarding this.

I agree with SergeGardien. For as long as I've been using Evernote for Mac, I have been able to increase and decrease the indent on lists inside tables (I work in tables often because they're useful as document templates) by using TAB and SHIFT + TAB. The most recent update to Evernote removed this functionality. I would like to see the functionality restored.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed 100%. This is a bug pure and simple.  The keyboard shortcut is inconsistent with the menu item.

This bug has diminished the efficiency of my note taking - I use a table-based template to capture meeting notes and the indent increase/decrease tab shortcut is crucial to be able to outline bulleted notes.  

Evernote - please resolve this asap.

Thanks

KP. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This bug is a huge problem for me.  I used to be able to make bulleted lists within tables and the utility of my notes depends on this feature.  I can no longer do this and if the functionality is not restored I will have to leave evernote for another format.  I have been a premium member for years.  Please help!

• Level 5*

Bullet Lists in tables are working fine for me in EN Mac 6.0.15 running Yosemite (10.10.3).

If you're not on 6.0.15, you might upgrade.

This bug is a huge problem for me.  I used to be able to make bulleted lists within tables and the utility of my notes depends on this feature.  I can no longer do this and if the functionality is not restored I will have to leave evernote for another format.  I have been a premium member for years.  Please help!

I upgraded and now it works.  Thanks so much for the tip!  

Bullet Lists in tables are working fine for me in EN Mac 6.0.15 running Yosemite (10.10.3).

If you're not on 6.0.15, you might upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived