Tap on address and bring up Google Maps

Hi, 1st post

Just getting started with Evernote. When I installed it on one Android tablet and loaded some notes on it I could "tap" on an address and it would bring up the address in Google Maps. As far as I can recall I did not alter any settings to cause this action.

On my new Android tablet Evernote does not do this. I really need this function. 

Same note, but does not launch Google Maps. Maps does load from other apps.

I'm sure it is a simple setting, could someone please walk me thru it.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm pretty sure that's not a setting - Evernote changes behaviour on tablets (bigger screens) but again I don't know that the changes include a preference against locating addresses.  After a quick explore on my Android phone I think this might be a function of the phonebook app on phones that (obviously) doesn't exist on most tablets unless they're phablets (phone-tablets).  You could try installing a phonebook app on your tablet to get this functionality back, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to configure Evernote to do that.

Hi.  I'm pretty sure that's not a setting - Evernote changes behaviour on tablets (bigger screens) but again I don't know that the changes include a preference against locating addresses.  After a quick explore on my Android phone I think this might be a function of the phonebook app on phones that (obviously) doesn't exist on most tablets unless they're phablets (phone-tablets).  You could try installing a phonebook app on your tablet to get this functionality back, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to configure Evernote to do that.

Thanks for the response.

What is interesting is the ability to go to Maps works on my 8" Lenovo IdeaTab that has no phonebook app; but does not work on new 10" tablet that does have a phonebook app and is made to take a SIM so calls can be made from it. It is a Chinese model called iCube and seems to be an iPad clone but is dual-boot both Windows/Android. Had it for 2 weeks and happy so far.

I would think this ability to bring up Maps would be something Evernote should do across all devices. That function works on the new device with apps like ColorNote and Google Keep.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Interesting.  It's a good feature request - we're keeping business cards and LinkedIn profiles in Evernote these days - it would be useful to find out where that address actually is in the world..  Don't know how you'd split responsibilities between Evernote and Android / iOS (above my unpay grade) but it's obviously possible...

Archived