Include a Physical Address

hello,

i am baffled by this deficiency.

several searches on this topic have only muddied the waters.

I'd like an option that would detect my physical location and include that address if I desire.

Address, not long&lat - gimme a &*#@$# break - who needs/uses/wants long&lat?!

spare me your comments if you're one who does - the majority of mankind uses a more universally accepted technology called, an address.

while it seems clear, evernote has somehow backburnered this feature, i still have a glimmer of hope, because...

in reviewing my recent notes, i noticed one of them had a title:  "note from 37 rutledge st in nashville".

i don't recall typing in this title which leads me to believe that there was some kind of auto detection going on...

would love to hear some feedback.

it'd be great if i was wrong and someone could point out the appropriate steps to include an address in a note.

I should have specified.

I need this as a dynamic function, not static.

For example, if I see a business when I'm traveling, I'd like to quickly create a note and utilize my phones gps to capture the location.  thx.

Using EN 7.7.1.315053 on iphone6

DutchPete,

I should have specified.

I need this as a dynamic function, not static.

For example, if I see a business when I'm traveling, I'd like to quickly create a note and utilize my phones gps to capture the location.

• Level 5*

EN on your phone will capture the address, but in the title not the location field.  On IOS go to Option Gear - General - Click on Suggested Note Titles.  Typically this will give you the meeting name if the note is created during a scheduled meeting, or the address of your current location, mostly accurate but sometimes off by a number or two.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

@mkcrbn:

You don't state which EN client you are using, but as of at least Ver 6.0.6 of EN Mac, Evernote automatically inserts the address of the location (based on the best estimated long/lat using your Internet connection) when you create a new Note.

However, it is not always 100% accurate, and it can take a while before the address appears.

thank you csi,

I confirmed the setting you described and tested.

i must be missing a step.

how do i make en enter the suggested title?

when i create a note and leave the title blank, the title just reads, "note".

• Level 5*

thank you csi,

I confirmed the setting you described and tested.

i must be missing a step.

how do i make en enter the suggested title?

when i create a note and leave the title blank, the title just reads, "note".

Hmmm.  Don't know.  I just tested on my phone and got a note title of "Note from the address of my current location".  And all I have done is turn on the Suggested Note Titles option, 

Maybe close EN on your phone, or sign out and close, and then reopen EN.  I don't know if an EN recycle is needed to refresh the option.  Other than that not sure what to say.

Archived