Sharing functionality

gashton34

Idea

Having just started to make use of the sharing features, for collaboration and project management in my business, there are several functions I'd like to see made available. Currently I'm not aware if there are ways of doing these things, and would be pleased to hear if anyone knows a method of doing them:

1. When I share a notebook, I can set permissions to view, edit, or edit and invite. However, there are some notes in the notebook that I only want my collaborators to be able to view, NOT to be able to edit.

2. When I share a notebook, I sometimes have several people I wish to share it with, as we're all working on the same project. However, whilst most of the notes in the notebook are for everyone I've shared it with, some of the notes are sensitive, and only relevant for individuals. It would be very useful to be able to manage permissions of these individual notes inside the shared notebook, so that some notes could be 'hidden' from the view of some of the collaborators.

If anyone can think of a workaround for these issues I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Geoff

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure how practical it will be for your purpose,  but why not put your notes into separate notebooks?  Share one with general edit permissions,  and another as view only,  and others for VIP access or information only if necessary.  If you create a Table of Contents note as a 'home page' for your shares,  with links to the appropriate level of note(s),  you can control access across the board.  If a VIP who's included in all shares clicks a link s/he'll get access.  If the post person - who only has access to the dinner menu - tries to click any other links,  s/he'll get 'page not available'.

Excellent idea! Many thanks gazumped.

Although maybe at some point in the future they'll include the functionality to be able to share a notebook with several people, but then tweak permissions of individual notes inside that notebook. Would be a useful feature - for me at least! But perhaps others too.

Archived