Save notes only Online

VollOutBoy

Is it possible to Store some of the Notes only online? I have a lot of notes and my Evernote folder is getting bigger and bigger and since I don't have to much space it would be great to store some of the files online only. That if I open the note they are loaded like a webpage.

• Level 5*

No, not with a single account in the WIndows client. 

About the only viable workaround that I know of is to have two accounts, one for all of your notes, and one for your Windows machine. You'd share notebooks from your main account to the one on your computer, and you'd only be able to access those notebooks using the Windows client; for other notebooks, you'd need to access them via the web client. Doesn't sound like that would work very well in your case.

How big is your Evernote folder? There are some things that you can do to clean it up. For example, the Attachments folder contains stuff you almost certainly don't need. And the AutoUpdate folder contains copies of old Evernote installers, which you also probably don't need.

Edit: Other users have asked for this feature before; search the forums for "selective sync"

• Level 5*

..and the idea of keeping your files 'only' in the cloud?  That means they're on someone else's computer,  somewhere else in the world and only available if you have an interent connection - and their hardware is up and available.  Maybe I'm overly paranoid,  and in fairness I've never had or heard anything to the contrary about Evernote's storage,  but I would always have a local copy of any data I collect as a backup if nothing else!

Is it possible to Store some of the Notes only online? I have a lot of notes and my Evernote folder is getting bigger and bigger and since I don't have to much space it would be great to store some of the files online only. That if I open the note they are loaded like a webpage.

The only way to have your notes ONLY in the cloud is to only use the web client. But it's all or nothing. IOW, you cannot have some notebooks downloaded to your computer/phone/tablet and some only in the cloud. I would not recommend this for the reasons Gaz mentioned above.

Archived