I love evernote... What should I be concerned about moving from Android back to iPhone...

I am not really looking for an apple/ android debate but I am looking for advice or links to posts to help me prepare.  It looks like for my family it makes the most sense for me to switch back to iphone but I have fallen in love with evernote on my note 3.  Will I be able to do all the same things?  I use Sunrise with Evernote and am looking to do that on the iphone as well, and looks like it is available so that is good:)

• Level 5*

Can't talk about the iPhone as such,  but each OS has slight feature differences - you may not be able to do exactly the same things in the same ways.  If you're used to the Note,  I'd suggest you find someone willing to let you play with Evernote on the iPhone to see how it compares.  It won't be the same interface,  and it won't behave the same way.  You might prefer it - or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi JenB, to add to what gazumped mentioned regarding each platform having different ways on how they perform/do things, I would like to mention that I currently have an iPhone and use the setup as you do with Evernote connected to the Sunrise calendar app and it works just fine. Also, just make sure that if you do decide to go back to the iPhone, make sure to sign into your Evernote account using the same account that you currently use on your Android phone and other platforms so that your data syncs to your phone again. Hope this helps.

• The nested tags you have on Android become a flat list on iOS. That's a biggie for some who have a hierarchical tag-based system set up and need it on mobile.

Android has the Evernote widget on your home screen... however, with the latest iOS we now have an Evernote widget in the "Today" section of the notification center. Not as flexible as the Android widget... but you may never need it anyways.

Archived