(Archived) Critical Memory Status

After upgrading to the latest version of Evernote, I get a message that memory status is critical and too many cards open when I try to open Evernote. It takes forever to open and tries to open several notes simultaneously. The Pre is nearly inoperable and must be reset. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any solutions? Thanks.

Thanks. I followed the steps you recommended. Still, when I log into Evernote, I receive the "memory critical, too many cards open" message and the Pre freezes for several minutes until Evernote loads. All other cards and applications were closed at the time, as I launched Evernote immediately after rebooting and downloading from the Apps Catalogue.

Yes, it eventually loads. It took nearly twenty minutes to pull up the thumbnail version of my notes, but now seems to operate fine. But during that time, the Pre was virtually inoperable. No response to any keys or touchscreen. Even placing it on the Touchstone did not register with the battery charge signal until Evernote was finished loading. I appreciate your efforts.

One difference I noticed when using Evernote Mobile (because the Pre version is not working) is that Mobile only opens or previews,say, ten notes at a time. My Pre version attempts to preview a thumbnail of all 400+ notes in my notebook. Could that be why it's taking half an hour to open and completely freezing my Pre during that time? Thanks.

In the mobile web view, you can go to Settings to change it to show more notes at the same time.

The application shouldn't be locking up like this while it displays thumbnails, so there appears to be some sort of problem on your particular configuration.

Usually, it should be fixed by just turn the phone on/off. But for this phone, it seems that you may need to pull the battery out, and then place the battery back in. You may notice that your pre will run faster. Hope this can help your "too many cards open" error.

I'll be damned! That may have worked. I'll let you know if it continues to operate normally. It did open much faster. It still seems slow in pulling up all of the notes. The "memory critical" message comes and goes. The Pre does not completely freeze. Definitely an improvement, but the problem is not totally solved. I really appreciate your help.

• 3 months later...

I have been getting this error for the last few weeks. I just uninstalled Evernote from my Pre, restarted it, and reinstalled it and got the same error. With the uneasy use on the pre it makes it hard for me to fully take advantage of Evernote. :(

I forgot to add that when I open evernote on my phone it never fully loads and it takes a really long time, essentially freezing my phone. And it takes a REALLY long time to try to close evernote and get my phone working back to normal. Can you give us an estimate on when the usuage problems with the Pre might be fixed?

Sometimes, maybe there is diskspace problem. In general, palm stored a lot of unused stuffs in the phone, like some webpage, etc. Recommend you to google search on how to removed stuffs from palm. I have done that before, but now I forgot since I use other phone more. Hope, it helps. (But if you have a huge amount of notes, that would be different story. It does need to take a while to download.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just starting having this issue today for the first time. I updated my Windows version this week to 3.5.5.2672 and had data loss on my daily phone log I keep. The log opened with the last entry being June 19th, so I've lost two months of data. Right now I'm blaming the Windows update, but I also updated WebOS to 1.4.5 on Monday, but didn't notice any issues all week until today.

Archived