How do I put a notebook within a notebook?

Hello everybody, 

I recently go back into this application after 4 years and its amusing to see what I posted before. Anyways, I am trying to figure out how to use this app properly and I want to try to put a notebook within a notebook. For example, I have 2 notebooks called "Foreign Language" and "Personal." I would like to put the Foreign Language notebook inside my "Personal" Notebook. 

"Foreign Language" has "French" and "Spanish" notebooks inside. "Personal" has a "Cooking" notebook. 

Is there a method to put "Foreign Language" inside "Personal"? Thanks!

post-248233-0-42584600-1423249357_thumb.

• Level 5*

You can group notebooks together in Stacks.  You don't actually put one note book inside the other, you put the notebooks in a Stack and can then use that Stack as a context.  Stacks are only one level deep.

If you want all of the notes in one notebook to be in another, just highlight the notes, right click, click Move to Notebook, and select the destination notebook you want.

"Stacks are one level deep." That means only two notebooks can be stacked together and nothing deeper? That is a bit unfortunate. 

Thank you for the reply

Edit:

Forgot what I said. I understand now. Though, I do wish we were able to stack deeper.

• Level 5*

Two or more notebooks may be stacked together, but you cannot nest any deeper than that. The usual advice is to use tags to express more complicated organization. Plenty of discussion/advice on this discussion board on that topic.

• Level 5*

"Stacks are one level deep." That means only two notebooks can be stacked together and nothing deeper? That is a bit unfortunate. 

Thank you for the reply

Edit:

Forgot what I said. I understand now. Though, I do wish we were able to stack deeper.

You are welcome.

To be clear, you can put more than two notebooks in a stack, you just can't put a stack in a stack.  And yes, as Jeff states,more than one post exists on the forum asking for deeper levels of stacks.  Not my preference but it surely is the preference of others, which I can understand.  But, I am more of a tagger with few notebooks which explains my preference.   :)

Archived