Delete unused tags

Hawkeye

• Level 5

You can also purge all unused tags by holding [CTRL] and clicking on the help menu. One of the 'hidden' options is to delete all unused tags.

Wow! I tried that with the DELETE UNUSED ACCOUNT TAGS and it killed 657 tags. I wish I knew what they were before it deleted them. A quick glance at my notes indicate the correct tags on my notes are still there.

I think I saw sort of warning about using the CTRL & HELP combination by one of the Evernote Support people.

Do you know what the following CTRL & HELP "FIX" feature does / and when should it be used?

* Fix Current Note
* Fix All Notes
* Fix Lost Resources
  • Level 5*

There's a reason that the Ctrl+Help is implemented that way: it's intended for specific support situations. It would probably be a good idea if they were documented, but those operations aren't really intended for general use.

You can also purge all unused tags by holding [CTRL] and clicking on the help menu. One of the 'hidden' options is to delete all unused tags.

Wow! I tried that with the DELETE UNUSED ACCOUNT TAGS and it killed 657 tags. I wish I knew what they were before it deleted them. A quick glance at my notes indicate the correct tags on my notes are still there.

I think I saw sort of warning about using the CTRL & HELP combination by one of the Evernote Support people.

Do you know what the following CTRL & HELP "FIX" feature does / and when should it be used?

* Fix Current Note
* Fix All Notes
* Fix Lost Resources

The only options I've touched are the 'delete unused tags' pair and 'optimize database'.  I haven't tampered with the 'fix...' options.

• Level 5*

The only options I've touched are the 'delete unused tags' pair and 'optimize database'.  I haven't tampered with the 'fix...' options.

I used the "Delete unused linked tags" a few weeks ago; cleaned up tags from linked notebooks that were no longer around. Worked fine. Haven't had cause to use any of the others.

Archived