Evernote everything is nice until you have a problem

Our company needs a business grade document management system.  This experience proves that evernote promotes that they have a business product but really its good for individuals but not a realy work business product for a company to establish a workflow around.

Tickets 929931, 929003

Our company needs a business grade document management system.  This experience proves that evernote promotes that they have a business product but really its good for individuals but not a realy work business product for a company to establish a workflow around.

Tickets 929931, 929003

So got to a tech person and send logs.  Waited some time then got the okay to start a sync from my windows computer.  I have only 4,600 notes in this one notebook.  The sync stops after two minutes, I have the sync interval at 5 minutes.  It will sync about 11 notes per 2 minute period.  So it will take 3 days to restore this one notebook.  There are several workflows centered around this one notebook that is down.  This is not a good business option.

Here is the response from the tech.  Evernote does not mine taking three days to get business back up and going.

Hi Stan,

This does sound like it will take a while to complete. Let it continue. If you are getting any errors or issue by morning - let emknow. We'll take a new look at the log.

1/29/15

Just an update.  It only took about 16 hours for 4600 notes.  So that is much better than the three days I thought it would take.  Everything is right again with my Evernote.  This will have me thinking about the future and where to put everything.

• Level 5*

This is hardly surprising, considering all the sync issues personal users, particularly those with large databases have had. I suspect this is going to be an issue they must address as they transition to business users, who, if they treat EN as Libin wants them to treat it, will accumulate enormous databases in a hurry.

Archived