Seem to have lost all my EN notes.

Last week I found out all my EN notes are gone :-(

In my account history I can see the devices which have accessed my EN info, all of which are my own devices.

The list also includes an old Mac of mine, which I have recently sold to a family member.

- Could it be that the cleanup (not sure how that was done) of that Mac has also destroyed all my EN notes ?

- Is there some kind of history which shows when an account has been cleaned up (complete removal of notes, but account still active)

My PC's (Windows and Chromebook) and mobile phone access is limited to myself, but my iPad and Mac usage is open to family members.

I'd like to be able to pinpoint the removal action to one of my devices, to find out when (and eventually by whom)  the notes have been removed.

- Any idea how to find such history info ?

PS: yes, this is still a free account :-)

Regards ... Tom Oorebeek 

• Level 5*

Have you checked the EN Trash (at the end of the EN Notebook list) ?

There is a good chance that your Notes are there, if they were only deleted and if the Trash wasn't emptied.

How did you clean up the old machine, and did you sync after you did it?

Hi Cal,

No cleanup of particular applicaties had been done.

Only the addition of a new admin account in Mac-OS and the removal of my original admin account.

Have you checked the EN Trash (at the end of the EN Notebook list) ?

There is a good chance that your Notes are there, if they were only deleted and if the Trash wasn't emptied.

Yes, I double checked the trash bin, but it shows empty.

I only found my original notebook itself in the normal list of notebooks, but the footer shows: 0 notes.

That is how I found out I lost all my notes and opening the notebook gave me an empty page and a look of unbelieve :-(

And yes, I should have taken backups, if only I would have known how.

Thnx for the replies so far !

• Level 5*

Make sure you are using the correct user name and password.

If your notes are visible in the web app (which is the source of truth ) then you can narrow the issue down to your client app.

Archived