problem connecting invited users to business account, opened ticket 903257 but still have no answer...

Good evening

I'm a french user of EN so excuse my poor english.

i bought the 22nd  décember the business version of evernote.

i then invited users who already have free accounts to connect to the business account.

user received invitation then followed the link to connect.

the page says that after connecting the account will be upgraded. nothing says that the users need a premium or business account at this moment.

after filling fields and validate, the page shows service_unavailable

I  have read the techncal manual, tried others users but still stuck at this error page since 3 weeks....

made test on differents navigators, differents internet providers but   always the same problem.

have opened ticket, twice, but still wait for an answer... very frustating.

hope to have more luck on this forum

thanks in advance for your help.

PS : error page is attached

post-245113-0-04890400-1421340617_thumb.

Hi Jean and welcome to the forums,

I don't think your 'free' accounts will be able to connect to the Business version which is a different product to the Premium version.

I have no idea what the 'error' message means but I am guessing it is a poor way of telling you that it won't work.

Have you contacted support?

Regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
hi

sorry for my late answer and thanks for your help.

gazumped
I have already contacted the support by tchat but they can do anything as I have already opened a ticket. they say i have to wait the technician to answer... I wonder what does the technician as this ticket is opened since the 7 january and also another one opened in decembre and both still have no answer. 

C6REW
My personal account is a premium one and I have subscribed the business version to share notes in a dedicated space with others users.
Do you mean that free users have to upgrade to a premium account to join a business account ?
it would be a shame if users had to pay a premium account to access a business one which also cost 120€/year ! don't you think ? 

Indeed the users that I want to invite have free accounts for the moment.
I attach screenshot of the page where users try to connect. on the upper right side (in french, sorry) it says : connect with an existing evernote account to upgrade it and join the COMPANY.

it doesn't say anywhere that user needs a premium account, just an exisiting account.

users fill the fields and the the error page comes after. no matter which account ( 3 users have the same problem on different internet connexions) 

As I have already spent 120€ and I still have no answer why it doesn't work you can easily understand that I'm not going to spend more money to make test !

It would be great if an answer comes from the support team that would restore confidence but the more the time passes the less i'm confident

thanks again for your support !

post-245113-0-95481400-1423241711_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi again -

I understand your concern about paying more,  but the amount you have already paid includes the cost of a Premium account for yourself as Administrator,  and for anyone whom you invite to join the business account.  Please note that joining is not the same as sharing - if these people aren't your employees,  then don't give them this level of access.  But when they click on the link to upgrade their account,  that's exactly what's going to happen - no extra cost to them or to you.  If my French still works,  there's an option to 'create a new Evernote account' too,  and I'd suggest that might be the best way for your colleagues to join the account - they can keep their own personal information in their current free account,  and start a new Premium account to link with your business account.  When they leave the company this new premium account will be downgraded to a free account and they'll lose access to any of your business notebooks.  Beware this could also happen to you if for any reason the renewal is not paid on your business account,  so make sure you have backups of your business data,  and be sure they're up to date - especially around renewal time.

There are such things as Evernote Business Certified Consultants - https://evernote.com/business/certified-consultants/ - and if you can find one near you,  maybe s/he can be of help - meantime if you can post your Support ticket number(s) here,  we can flag your post for an Evernote Admin person and see if they can advise what's going on...

thanks a lot for your interesting answer

maybe i don't understand the commercial system.

to me there are 3 types of accounts : free, premium and business that give different services;

I purchased the premium version for myself  and the business version for my company  linked to my premium acount.
i can see my personnal notes and theres is a new place, with my company name, with a lot of preconfigured folders where , thats what i believe, I can share notes with others people (from my company) who are invited to join the company. to me these users should see the same place in their evernote account  where notes are shared.

as you say the best way would be that users I want to share notes within my evernote company  have to create a new account (link in the invitation page, your french still very good :-) and subscribe a premium account to connect.

that's where I dont understand the commercial system... The business version says that every users need a business account that you can pay monthly or entire year.

i attach the screenshot of the evernote business page that says 10€ per users per months...

so why purchase a premium account whereas there is a business version selled with more services ? do you understand me ? 

and if it's the only way to get my company users to connect to the business account I feel like this is difficult to swallow. it would cost per year 170€ per users !

I have contacted the tchat support 1 hour ago and they say that my request was lost between french and english support....and that I will be contacted very soon. hope they could explain me what I make bad.

thanks again for your time and help.

post-245113-0-30429100-1423247216_thumb.

Hi Jean,

If you wanted to share 'Business' Notes the other users would also need a Business version of Evernote. Having a Premium account would not allow access.

Regards

Chris

hi

finally the answer is that the billing system try to use the same credit card that we use for purchasing the business version.

it 's was a virtual credit card and thus it can't be used again for another purchase.

that's the way works the billing system of evernote and caused the problem

problem solved ! 

thanks again for your help

Archived