Line Spacing in a Note

I opened an existing Note to add more content - when I started typing the line spacing did not match that of the original content - I closed the program and re-opened - still the same problem - never had this problem before - where can I find the settings for line spacing?

• Level 5*

There are no settings (yet) for line spacing or other font attributes.  If you're having problems with layout,  try copying a note (as a backup) and use right-click "simplify formatting" on the text.  That should remove any advanced coding and convert a block of text to a standard format.  If you don't like how that looks,  at least you have a copy of the original.  If the result is acceptable,  delete the unwanted version of the note.

Thank you for the quick response and suggestions. What I find odd is that this is the first time this has happened after using Evernote for almost 4 months now. The Font and Font size did not change, it was just the spacing. It was as if went from single space to 1.5 or double space between lines and there was nothing I could do to change it back.

• Level 5*

No problem.  If this is happening in odd notes,  then it may simply be that you cut or copied and pasted some text from elsewhere that contained hidden formatting codes.  If it's happening on all notes,  I'd suggest you submit a bug report - submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

• 11 months later...

Odd thing is that regardless if I choose "Remove formatting" or "Simplify formatting", I still end up lines double spaced. If you search this forum for double space, double spacing, or double spaced, you will find numerous users, some from several years back, who are having a problem with Evernote notes with double spacing that they cannot remove.  I've tried several of the work arounds or solutions but I'm stuck with double spacing.  I've also tried pasting the text to Notepad and pasting it from Notepad to Evernote with either "Paste" or "Paste and Match" options but I end up with double spacing regardless.  I can't find a solution or work around for this annoying problem.

• Level 5*
Hi.  I'd suggest you raise a support request - scroll to the bottom of this page to click the 'Contact Support' button.  At least one of the options you mention should have given you a clean single-spaced note.  There may be an issue with your device,  or the display,  or your OS and you definitely need a support tech to look into it...
  • 3 months later...

I am truly absolutely blown away that after soooo many years EN has not given users the ability to fluidly CHANGE line spacing.

Do you think I am going to take notes in an app that does not give me a way to change the %&#$! line spacing?

Answer: NOT. 

Archived