How much more space with Premium?

• Level 5*

The question's a little incorrect.  With the free model you have up to 60MB per month upload capacity,  so in a year you can store 720MB of content on the server.  Notes aren't downloaded to a mobile device unless they're set for 'offline searching' so there's no local storage.  Premium subscribers get to upload up to 4GB/ month so 48GB in a year - free x 65.

The question's a little incorrect.  With the free model you have up to 60MB per month upload capacity,  so in a year you can store 720MB of content on the server.  Notes aren't downloaded to a mobile device unless they're set for 'offline searching' so there's no local storage.  Premium subscribers get to upload up to 4GB/ month so 48GB in a year - free x 65.

Ahh, I think I see. Thanks. So it's not storage, sounds like that's not the direct limitation. It's amount of data that can be uploaded, which I guess indirectly limits storage capacity?

Thanks again.

Ahh, I think I see. Thanks. So it's not storage, sounds like that's not the direct limitation. It's amount of data that can be uploaded, which I guess indirectly limits storage capacity?

Thanks again.

Yes & no. It indirectly limits what you can upload & store in a single month. But ultimately, the storage is unlimited. IE, if you use up all 4 gigs of upload three months in a row, you now have 12 gigs of storage you are using.

• Level 5*

...And actually,  if you're a subscriber and willing to pay a little extra,  it's possible to buy extra upload capacity each month;  so I'm not sure what the maximum could be - well over 50GB,  anyway

Yes & no. It indirectly limits what you can upload & store in a single month. But ultimately, the storage is unlimited. IE, if you use up all 4 gigs of upload three months in a row, you now have 12 gigs of storage you are using.

The exception to this is if you regularly edit large notes, since editing existing notes goes against the upload limit. For text & small notes, this is probably negligible. IE, if you have a PDF or a photo that is 500 megs & you upload it, you've used 500 megs. Then you modify the PDF or the image & sync again, you've now used a total of 1000 megs upload, but are only using 500 megs of storage.

They only cap on upload... 

So you can store as much as you want if over a neverending lifetime if you were immortal....

So basically the way they cap how much you can store online, is by capping upload capacity...

As Gazumped accurately said... on free with your 60MB cap, you could store 720MB each year... and 7200MB over 10 years if you cap out your upload every single month...

With premium you get 4GB upload... So over a year if you maxed your upload... You could max out to 48 Gigs... In 10 years, you could max out to 480Gigs theoretically..

They also cap you on maximum size per file.... So practically most people never get close to that kind of upload rate on premium... Unless they pretty much catalogue all their files on Evernote... Or use it Extensively and very heavily.. (Most users never reach close to 4 gigs)

If you need more upload limit, you can buy additional gigs every month...

So yes online space is limited through indirect processes... 

I would not use the word unlimited... Because it takes both significant time as well as some financial contribution

It is not unlimited. But it is more than enough.

Archived