Evernote weird thing

tstephanie

Idea

7 replies to this idea

Is this happening on the same device?

On a PC... Ussually it saves the last edit automatically when quitting... but does not neccesserily sync... You might do this manually so that it shows on other devices... like an iphone, or android phone... This sync might happen later if you quite evernote and started up again on your PC...  as convention I manually sync everything before I quite evernote so I can have the latest note versions on all devices.... Not just PC.

On android.... you have to manually save the note for it to be saved... So your edits wont be enforced on that specific device unless you actually save it... and then you would need to give it a chance to sync so you can see it on other devices...

• Level 5*

I didn't quite understand the query.  Are you saying that if you update a note and then quit Evernote,  then reopen the note,  you see the old version without the changes?  Or that you update Evernote from one version to the next (5.6 to 5.7 or something) and when you restart it's gone back to the previous version - ie 5.6?  If it's versioning that's the problem,  what's your OS and what Evernote version are you on now?

I am saying that basically that when I update Evernote to the newest version, or 6.03, and then i quit the app when I'm done, that when I reopen it, it has changed to a previous version, 5.03 (or something like that)

Lol... I understood that completely differently, based on first post...

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The latest version for Mac is 6.0.5,  so it may be worth downloading a new version from the App Store (or from Evernote.com,  if that's where you got the last version) and doing a manual update.  Exit Evernote,  install the new version,  and see what happens...

Archived