Couple of Questions

Firstly I can imagine this is asked a lot so please forgive me in advance; I have obviously used Google to look for the answer to my questions but most articles are 2013 or older which are dated.

1. I need to know what the maximum character limit is on the Free / Premium / Business versions. I have been using Google Calendar for my work but much to my shock I have gone back to look through some notes to find half the notes are missing on a lot of my diary entries as they have a character limit. I can't afford for this to happen again.

2. I want to schedule notes for particular days, so if Mr Joe Bloggs asks me to call him on the 11th February 2015 I need it to appear for that day, not any other day. Is this possible or am I using the wrong software/tool here?

3. If this is possible; how do I export from Google Calendar safely and confidently to Evernote?

I appreciate any help on the above.

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5*

Firstly I can imagine this is asked a lot so please forgive me in advance; I have obviously used Google to look for the answer to my questions but most articles are 2013 or older which are dated.

1. I need to know what the maximum character limit is on the Free / Premium / Business versions. I have been using Google Calendar for my work but much to my shock I have gone back to look through some notes to find half the notes are missing on a lot of my diary entries as they have a character limit. I can't afford for this to happen again.

2. I want to schedule notes for particular days, so if Mr Joe Bloggs asks me to call him on the 11th February 2015 I need it to appear for that day, not any other day. Is this possible or am I using the wrong software/tool here?

3. If this is possible; how do I export from Google Calendar safely and confidently to Evernote?

I appreciate any help on the above.

Thank you in advance.

1.  25MB for a free user.

2.  Reminder dates and times can be added to notes, though the reminders are not overly intrusive.  So if you need something to pester, EN is not the tool

3.  Don't know the answer to this one.

Hi. I'll see if I can help:

* Upload limits determine how much you can Sync (save) to the Evernote Servers per month.

* Note size - measured in Mega Bytes (MB) - is determined by all the digital data in it, including text characters, photos, graphics, etc. Any changes you make on a previously Synced (saved) note, counts toward your upload limit.

* Their are no repeating reminders. You can set it for one date and time. Evernote will not repeatedly remind you of an upcoming task. Without the use of 3rd party apps, it cannot tell which notes you consider tasks versus plain data. There are several 3rd party calendar & task management apps which intergrate with Evernote in their App Center. But the more you use them in concert with Evernote, the greater the risk of Sync errors and/or data loss.

Evernote is a great digital repository, but it's not an all-in-one do everything app. Personally speaking, I don't know of single piece of software, cloud-based or otherwise, that can provide a 100% guarantee to function without error 100% of the time. One thing often repeated often on this forum is the importance of doing your own regular back-ups in addition to what's on the servers. And that's a good rule of thumb for any software, not just Evernote.

I hope this helps clarify things for you.

• Level 5*

I think one of the questions was essentially: how much text can I get into a note?  I believe the answer is 5MB of straight text - so quite a lot of typing.  Short notes are better anyway - navigating through long notes is mostly not convenient.

As to how to get stuff from GCal -  essentially it's a web page,  so Clipper will lift information into a note,  or it could maybe be emailed to Evernote as an invitation...

Ah, I didn't realize there was a max amount of text per note limit. Some of my notes are quite large even by my own verbous standards, yet I've never hit a text limit. Thanks Gaz!

I think one of the questions was essentially: how much text can I get into a note? I believe the answer is 5MB of straight text - so quite a lot of typing. Short notes are better anyway - navigating through long notes is mostly not convenient.

As to how to get stuff from GCal - essentially it's a web page, so Clipper will lift information into a note, or it could maybe be emailed to Evernote as an invitation...

• Level 5*

No problem.  Like I said if you're keeping lots of sequential updates it's better to make a new note and link it by title or by tag than it is to add another line to 1,000+ lines in one note.

Archived