Data lost

Popo Alex

Idea

Hi, 

I lost all of my notes today. I updated to the latest version (6.0.5) recently, but I found a bug which the cursor always goes back after I input some words. So I just deleted the latest version and re-installed the version 5.7.0. But when I ran the program again, the login page appeared, I couldn't login use my email address, and it told me the email address doesn't exist when I enter the email in the forgotten password page. So I had to re-registered using my email address to login, but I found all my notes before are gone!!

I don't know whether there is way to find my notes back, I collected them for more than six months…. :(

PS: the version I'm using now is 5.7.0_451010 for mac, free edition. I also reported a ticket for the problem (Ticket# 896258)

5 replies to this idea

I am sorry to hear about data lost. Just today I had my notes corrupted on my Mac Air. Double clicking on a Note thumbnail, did not open the Note in a large window but instead asks me to 'Click to add tags' and the note window fails to launch! Thereafter the title of the note changed from 'ABC' (for e.g.) to 'Untitled'. Tried the same on another Note thumbnail, it changed the title 'XYZ' (for e.g. again) to 'Untitled'. Hit the same problem for all the following notes. However, I can edit it back from my Android Evernote. Sync it on the Mac Air, and I got it back to normal. 

But the problem persists in Mac Air Evernote. Note fails to give preview or full new window launch and changes the title to 'Untitled'.

Please help.

Hi, 

I lost all of my notes today. I updated to the latest version (6.0.5) recently, but I found a bug which the cursor always goes back after I input some words. So I just deleted the latest version and re-installed the version 5.7.0. But when I ran the program again, the login page appeared, I couldn't login use my email address, and it told me the email address doesn't exist when I enter the email in the forgotten password page. So I had to re-registered using my email address to login, but I found all my notes before are gone!!

I don't know whether there is way to find my notes back, I collected them for more than six months…. :(

PS: the version I'm using now is 5.7.0_451010 for mac, free edition. I also reported a ticket for the problem (Ticket# 896258)

You received a message that the email address doesn't exist, when you tried the "forgot" password option. Then you created a NEW account with that email address. Since you created a NEW account, that's why you are not seeing your notes. You need to get the login credentials for the old account you were using.

Thanks for reply.

I registered the new account with the same email address I used before. Because I supposed that the process wouldn't successful if I entered the same email, and there should be a message to tell me the account already exist. But actually it wasn't. So now I suppose there should have two accounts on the server and they have the same email address. I think this is a bug, but anyway, since my email binds to the NEW account now, how can I get my old account's login credentials I was using?

• Level 5*

Is it possible you had a different email address when you originally registered?  It shouldn't be possible to have two accounts registered with the same email address.

Do you recall any 'user name' from the first account?

Hi, guys. I found my notes back!! It seems there's an option to select the user's type (evernote user and international user). I think I didn't notice that, so the default is not my original account type, and it seems I just registered another type of account using the same email address…. So since everything is clear now, and I'm very happy to see my notes back.

Thanks again for helping.

Archived