Erased a note by mistake

• Level 5

In Evernote Windows version, there is an entry at the bottom of the Notebooks in the left panel named TRASH.

When you delete a note, it is placed in the TRASH.

If you right click on the note, you can restore it.

• Level 5

If you are Premium user you can take a look at the History feature which captures changes 2 to 3 times a day.

If you are a free user, you can purchase the Premium option for 1 month for $5

"Several times each day, Evernote makes a copy of any notes in your account that have changed since the last time the system checked. This page allows you to view and export these previous versions of your notes. This feature is only available to Premium users."

"Clicking on a note will show you the content of the saved version. You can copy and paste that content, if you wish. Alternatively, click Export to download the note. Once downloaded, the note can be imported using the Import option in the File menu of Evernote for Windows or Evernote for Mac."

The other method is to have a consistent backup program for Evernote. 

• Level 5

jbenson

Not sure you can find the History if the current note is gone???

That is a very good point.

Also, come to think of it, even though I've been using Evernote Premium for 6 years and have 35,000 notes, I don't remember ever having a need for the History feature.

• Level 5*

I have used it a couple of times for some notes in which I stored an Excel file that I accidentally toasted.  That and a couple of times when Ctrl-Z didn't work, also after DAA's..

I find History to be almost useless, except in a small minority of cases where the one or two snapshots just happened to catch some important version of the note. In general I think it is a terribly implemented feature that is helpful only under lucky circumstances. If it were more robust, it would probably be much more useful under many more circumstances (e.g., by actually capturing a useful note state more than just once in a blue moon). 

Archived