I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Could you provide more info?

What is a "notes folder"?

A notebook is a "notes folder". 

Maybe some additional information about what you are trying to a accomplish might allow us to offer some more directed assistance, especially what device and operating system you are using. 

I am using windows 8 and was wondering if when I save or move a note to a notebook why it still is listed or shown in notes.

Notes lists all your notes.

If you want access to a specific Notebook: click Notebooks... or put that in search.

So say you want to move a note from your default notebook to another... 

Right click on snippet of the note...  And click "Move to notebook"

You cant delete Notes from Notes... Notes shows all your notes. If you delete it from there, it will be taken to the "Trash" folder.

Extra Info:

If you right click on:Notebooks and click show notebook list...

It will show all notebooks in your menubar... With that you can drag and drop notes into different notebooks.

I find this very convenient. Not Just for changing location of notes, but also for easy access.. and be able to switch notebooks very easily and quickly. (1 click to go somewhere always beats 2 clicks, and changing screens twice... to achieve one function.)

• Level 5*

Some terminology:

There are no folders in Evernote.

Notes live in notebooks. These are folder-like, but you cannot nest them in other notebooks. Notebooks can live in stacks, though.

The Notes icon, as noted before is not a folder, it is just a tool that shows you all of your notes, regardless of notebook.

When you click on a notebook, then Evernote shows you only the notes in that notebook.

I am using windows 8 and was wondering if when I save or move a note to a notebook why it still is listed or shown in notes.

There will come a time where you'll find it quite useful to search the "all notes" context for a note you can't quite remember where you put. That's my default search context more often than not. 

Archived