I have been trying to send an email of my note for weeks and have not been successful, here is what I have been doing:   applying pressure to the note to open three blue dots - clicking on the envelope blue dot that opens a window with an email button -- opening the email button to the email page -- it will allow me to compose an email --  the problem is my notes are not copied as an attachment but a link appears as the attachment.

I need to send the actual notes in PDF or Word format -- not a link -- how do I do that?

I have been trying to send an email of my note for weeks and have not been successful, here is what I have been doing:   applying pressure to the note to open three blue dots - clicking on the envelope blue dot that opens a window with an email button -- opening the email button to the email page -- it will allow me to compose an email --  the problem is my notes are not copied as an attachment but a link appears as the attachment.

I need to send the actual notes in PDF or Word format -- not a link -- how do I do that?

This process doesn't resemble anything I have ever done in Evernote for Mac or iOS... Which app are you using? It almost sounds like you are describing Penultimate. If you are talking about penultimate, you are correct, there is no way from within penultimate to send the note contents as a body of the email. You can only send links for some reason. 

If you want to send penultimate content in the body of a note, you have to do some from the Evernote application. 

I am describing Penultimate. I am using windows. I was able to send Penultimate notes directly from my ipad to third parties  for the past 2 years  --  not being able to do this is a major problem for me  --  it worked before the "upgrade" -- do you plan to reestablish the capability to email notes directly form Penultimate? I'm not even sure who I should be taking to any more --- don't you also administrate the Penultimate app? Your response to my original post leads me to believe that Penultimate is not in your scope.  

I am describing Penultimate. I am using windows. I was able to send Penultimate notes directly from my ipad to third parties  for the past 2 years  --  not being able to do this is a major problem for me  --  it worked before the "upgrade" -- do you plan to reestablish the capability to email notes directly form Penultimate? I'm not even sure who I should be taking to any more --- don't you also administrate the Penultimate app? Your response to my original post leads me to believe that Penultimate is not in your scope.  

Penultimate is still part of Evernote. My confusion, as noticed in my original post, was because you are replying to a topic about Evernote, in a subform devoted to the Evernote product. A post about Penultimate in a topic about Evernote comes a bit out of left field. However, now that we are oriented, and I know you are talking about Penultimate, things are clear. 

I'm not an employee so I cannot speak to Evernote's future plans or intentions. My response to your original post is a user providing advise and troubleshooting to a fellow user. If you want to address Evernote directly

1) Create a support ticket. 

2) Browse the extensive discussion about Penultimate 6 in the Penultimate sub-forum, or create a new topic there for your specific problem. Staff have participated a fair bit in there. Whether you will get any more info than what they have already stated, I am not sure. I suspect they have said all they have to say at this point. 

The changes to email functionality in Penultimate are definitely frustrating.

Archived