Newbie questions: about Evernote desktop and upgrading from free to premium

Some newbie questions here.

Up front, I have nót installed Evernote desktop yet, being uncertain about the below.

I wish to use the Evernote Desktop-version:

Q1: is there a Evernote Free version as well ?

whilst assuming there is and in case I wish to upgrade from the Evernote Desktop Free to the Premium version

Q2. will the data that I have saved in the free version be 'transferred' to the premium version?

(or maybe it is the very same data, but some options/features are being 'unlocked' to get to the Premium account version?)

If, at one point in time, I would like to return to a free version, what happens with all the data?

(a user might have saved way above the free version storage allowance)

Important thing for me is to be able to save webpages. Am using Firefox on Windows 7 x64.

I think I need the Evernote Web Clipper add-on  (Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.1)
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/

regretfully it receives a 'mediocre rating' at best (latest reviews are 1-star only)

Thanks!

-

• Level 5*

Q1. Yes

Q2. Yes, when signing up for Premium your upload limit goes to 4GB/month and you have access to support.

If you return to the free version your data stays the same and you lose access to support and your upload limit drops.

Web clipper add on makes saving web pages simple.  I use Chrome and Firefox.

• Level 5

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I just would like to add some remarks.

• The applications on all platforms are free.
  • You can create a free account and use it with all applications on all platforms
  • A free account will allow you to upload 60MB within a monthly period and certain features like searching scanned PDFs are not available
  • When you decide to switch to premium you can do this at any time and there is no need to change the applications

Archived