Putting Notes in Order

martinrice

Idea

My notes are ordered in my notebooks according to when they were created. I assume that's the default. I'd really like to change that order and haven't been able to figure out whether or how that's possible.

I have a notebook that contains a series of monthly newsletters. I don't put them in the notebook as soon as I get them. Consequently they're ordered according to the date I added them to the notebook. Each note has a title I suppled that would put them in the correct order, but I can't find a way to do that, that is, order them according to note title.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Martin

3 replies to this idea

In your note list, on whatever client you're using, there is either an "options" tab or a sort options button. You'll find at the very minimum, the ability to sort by one of the following 3:

• Date updated
  • Date created
  • Title

I can assure you... the options are there - in a very accessible place - even on the new web Beta. I suggest you hit all the buttons at the top of your note list to see what they do...

My notes are ordered in my notebooks according to when they were created. I assume that's the default. I'd really like to change that order and haven't been able to figure out whether or how that's possible.

I have a notebook that contains a series of monthly newsletters. I don't put them in the notebook as soon as I get them. Consequently they're ordered according to the date I added them to the notebook. Each note has a title I suppled that would put them in the correct order, but I can't find a way to do that, that is, order them according to note title.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Martin

It's helpful to give a clue as to what client(s) you're using, when asking for help... Web? Windows? iOS? Android???

Archived