Off-line synch problem

On my Mac, I created a notebook NB1.  I left NB1 empty.

I synced and then I synced my iPad.

On my iPad, NB1 showed up, empty as expected.

On the iPad I set NB1 so that it is not an offline notebook.

I synced the iPad and the Mac.

On Mac, I inserted a Note into NB1 and then I synced the Mac and the iPad.

On the iPad, when I open NB1, Note is in NB1.

Did I overlook a step?  I am pretty sure that the content of Note should not be in iPad's NB1, but the content is in fact there.

thanks 

On my Mac, I created a notebook NB1. I left NB1 empty.

I synced and then I synced my iPad.

On my iPad, NB1 showed up, empty as expected.

On the iPad I set NB1 so that it is not an offline notebook.

I synced the iPad and the Mac.

On Mac, I inserted a Note into NB1 and then I synced the Mac and the iPad.

On the iPad, when I open NB1, Note is in NB1.

Did I overlook a step? I am pretty sure that the content of Note should not be in iPad's NB1, but the content is in fact there.

thanks

Offline refers to the details of the note not being synced down. It does not mean the header information will not be synced down. Header formation for all notes is always synced to mobile devices, regardless if the notebook is set for offline access or not. If the notebook is set for offline access, the body of the notes will also be synced down. If the notebook is not set for offline access, the body of the note is not synced down unless & until you try to call up the note on the mobile device. When you synced the iPad, only the header info/meta data for the note was synced to the iPad, not the full contents of the note. IOW, if you create a new note on Mac, sync Mac, sync iPad, but do not call up the note on the iPad...then exit the app in the iPad. Now put iPad in airplane mode, go into Evernote and try to call up the note, the contents should not be there. As Stuhrer said, mobile devices use a cache. So if you created the note on the iPad or had previously called up the note on the iPad, the note may still remain in the cache & be accessible when you do not have internet connectivity.

thanks all.

I ran this experiment to confirm.

I stayed off line.  I opened that Notebook.  It showed the Note that is not supposed to be there.  When I tried to open the Note, the message was that it can not be opened because I am off line.

Perfect: the Note does not reside in the laptop.  

Thanks again, everyone.

Archived