Lost Previous Notes After Today's Update

LostPreviousNotes

Do you have any notes at all in your account? If so, can you try scrolling in the ones you have to see if your "missing" notes are actually just all a part of one large note?

Also, if you are logged in to Evernote and syncing, you can pull down on the notebook icon at the top of the note list to see any other Evernote notebooks that have Penultimate notes in them. 

Additionally, you can search in Evernote for your Penultimate notes. 

I hope that helps. If not, let us know here and file a support ticket. We will do our best to get back any notes you've written. 

Josh: that doesn't help at all. Many people had notes in Penultimate that were not synced to Evernote. Why were they all deleted in the new update? It seems as though the developers assumed that everyone was syncing to Evernote regularly when that was clearly not the case.

Even if people usually synchronize their notes, there are moments when they don't (e.g. while travelling). It seems that Evernote employees do not use Evernote at all. Otherwise I can't explain why they do such cruel things to their customers, like this Penultimate update that deleted lots of note. 

I really would like to get an answer from Josh Taylor personally: how would it feel if you spend 17 hours in the air trying to work and making notes, only to find out that they all disappear because somebody decided that the app you were using needs an update? 

I had this same problem. I downloaded the penultimate update, then instead of 3 notebooks with various notes, suddenly I only had 3 notes. It turns out that now what were many notes, are just one huge note. So to see my "missing" notes all I had to do was scroll using 2 fingers on my iPad. Try that, it worked for me. I could see all my old drawings. I was freaking out because it's many hours of work, but I've got them now. I hope this helps y'all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see a Title of a note, I can search for a key word and as soon as I click on the note/title it's gone.

I have the same thing a couple of times now (mac client) since 6.0. Restarting the entire machine helps, but it is very annoying and counter productive

• 3 months later...

last night did an update on my ipad, now all my folders are intact but they are empty, 2 years of notes have vanished. I have read the other blogs but there does not seem to be an answer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Coemgenus

• 1 year later...

Just after updating Evernote to version 6.7.1 on my Mac, one of my notes (or probably more) is missing.

I've already tried these:

1) finding it on Evernote Web => no success!

2) de-instialling and re-installing the Evernote on my Mac (OS X El Captain) => no success!

3) Trying to locate the note on the Evernote I have on a Windows 7 machine I have (Evernote version 4.6.3.8096) => no success!

Please help!

Evernote_453575_2016-06-29.txt

Just after updating Evernote to version 6.7.1 on my Mac, one of my notes (or probably more) is missing.

I've already tried these:

1) finding it on Evernote Web => no success!

2) de-instialling and re-installing the Evernote on my Mac (OS X El Captain) => no success!

3) Trying to locate the note on the Evernote I have on a Windows 7 machine I have (Evernote version 4.6.3.8096) => no success!

Please help!

Evernote_453575_2016-06-29.txt

Archived