Getting a .tmp file when I save a PDF

• Level 5*

Need more context. Windows? Mac? What version? Are you downloading to an import folder? Is this an artifact of the downloading process (which could say, create a .tmp file while the download is active, and then rename it when the download's over)?

Sorry Windows. 5.6.4xxx 

It seems to be if I save a PDF using the save function in the adobe interface to my import folder. If I download a pdf directly into my import folder I don't get it. My default download folder is my EN import folder, so if I click on a link which immediately downloads the PDF, no tmp file. If it opens in an Adobe frame in the browser and then I click on the save as button, the tmp file appears in my default notebook. They are not in my import folder. 

I do it both ways  many times a day and this just started a few days ago. 

• Level 5*

Sorry Windows. 5.6.4xxx 

It seems to be if I save a PDF using the save function in the adobe interface to my import folder. If I download a pdf directly into my import folder I don't get it. My default download folder is my EN import folder, so if I click on a link which immediately downloads the PDF, no tmp file. If it opens in an Adobe frame in the browser and then I click on the save as button, the tmp file appears in my default notebook. They are not in my import folder. 

Evernote may be trying to import the file before it is finished downloading.  You might try downloading to a different folder, then moving it to the Evernote Import folder after it has finished downloading.

• Level 5*

Sorry Windows. 5.6.4xxx 

Well, you haven't updated Evernote in awhile, as it's up to 5.7.x now. I did notice that Adobe updated recently. Anything else that's in the loop change recently?

Archived