After 6 Years

Many Note apps do note taking things  things better than Evernote. Most know that. Fine. 

Even though Evernote's trying to redefine what it is and can do now, it's strength is still its original strength:  it's a repository of data and reclamation of said data. Period. 

As a data repository app it's problem right now is what's been the Elephant in the room for 6 years: it hasn't first and foremost enabled features associated with basic app data management...for ALL platforms:

✔1. batch editing for one:  Batch delete, batch 'add to notebook', batch merge, batch tag, batch link etc. ✔2. Bring note editing to at least a baseline note app level. ✔3. bonafide app to app content sharing...not an evernote link.. our (MY)  actual content shared intact to other note apps. 

After 6 years  these are fundamental data management  behaviors still missing in Evernote despite widespread request for them. 

Calling Evernote a "Workspace" now without these note app basics is a bit of a joke because trying to 'work' in lieu of these is a joke/pain. 

They're out there. I've been a part of 2 that are still deep in Beta, tho... Omni Notes and Memit. 

How about if we were to hold Omni Notes, Memit (and a couple others) to the same standards that we currently have for Evernote... how would they fare? Deep in Beta is just as useful as DS9 is reachable... and existent. I'm with you on some minor issues... but show me any mobile note-taking app on a comparable level to Evernote that matches up to the batch-editing capabilities of it's own desktop/ web client. What does bonafide app-to-app content sharing really look like anyways?... you might be interested in taking a look at some pretty darn cool 3rd party apps built on Evernote... and then show me another service that allows for this level of flexibility and integration. 

I'm not sticking up for Evernote... I'm just asking for something practical that one can actually sink their teeth into. One can't demand from Evernote, Trello, Gingko, OneNote, WorkFlowy, etc. anything that cannot reasonably be expected from any other app in existence. 

6 year later... and still stuck with Evernote... that's got to count for something, right?  :P

• Level 5

The first 5 years were fine.

The big problems "not responding", database integrity, scalability, the drop in Support response time for Premium users, uninstall / reinstall / reindex have become common themes in the past year. Toss in the recently announced move from consumers and toward the corporate customers plus the rumors of IPO or corporate takeover - all this is causing many users to grasp onto other programs.

The first 5 years were fine.

The big problems "not responding", database integrity, scalability, the drop in Support response time for Premium users, uninstall / reinstall / reindex have become common themes in the past year. Toss in the recently announced move from consumers and toward the corporate customers plus the rumors of IPO or corporate takeover - all this is causing many users to grasp onto other programs.

Now, at least you have some reasonable gripes there. That I can understand.

Archived