Evernote disappeared from my Mac

Can someone help me.  Today I turned on my macbook and Evernote has disappeared.  I have not changed any settings and use it everyday, but when I turned on my computer today it was gone.  The strange thing is that it is still in my applications folder, but the icon is not there anymore and I can not open it.  Can someone please help me?

I am having the same problem.  Do you have auto update selected in your Evernote options?  What is happening to me is today when I try to allow Evernote to upgrade to 5.7.1 it downloads, extracts,  and then prompts me to install/relaunch.  At that point it does not restart and Evernote is gone from my Applications folder.

I found Evernote in the trash.  It had been renamed to Evernote (450946).app.  I renamed it back to Evernote.app and moved it back to my Applications folder. 

I tried it a second time the result was the same but with the twist.  There there now was an Evernote.app in my Applications folder that was marked as damaged and in addition to my old copy of Evernote being moved to the trash the also was a Autoupdate (1.8.0).app in the trash.

This is in attempting to upgrade v5.6.2 on a 20111 macbook pro osx 10.7.5

• 2 months later...

A similar thing happens to me. Evernote is installed. If I restart the Mac it disappears from the dock and the applications folder. I can find evernote notes in the spotlight, so I can re-find it. Once I do that, it reappears in the dock.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. 

• Level 5*

Check that you're using the latest Evernote version (6.0.6) and uninstall/ reinstall again if that's not the case;  otherwise - provided you can manage with the current situation,  though it's obviously not optimal - submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem twice.  I'm also on Yosemite.  Evernote icon changes to generic in the dock and app will no longer open.  In the applications folder, the icon also changes. Reinstalling corrects the problem.  It even opens with the saved password automatically.  Have only had this happen with evernote.

• Level 5*

I've had the same problem twice.  I'm also on Yosemite.  Evernote icon changes to generic in the dock and app will no longer open.  In the applications folder, the icon also changes. Reinstalling corrects the problem.  It even opens with the saved password automatically.  Have only had this happen with evernote.

@SoftwareMarcus has acknowledged that there is a bug in the Evernote update installer that can cause problems like this.

Generally, all you need to do is reinstall from the Evernote.com site.  A Un-Install is generally not needed for this type of issue.

This bug is listed as being fixed in the latest Beta:  EN Mac 6.0.9 Beta 1

• 2 months later...

Archived