Why evernote cant be synchronized when two people are editing the profile at the same time

gsm107

Idea

Why evernote cant be synchronized when two people are editing the shared profile at the same time.

It will be much better if evernote could be like the google shared doc, which allow people edit the doc at the same time and see what they are typing

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Editing the same shared note/ notebook / account is about as convenient as two people reading the same (paper) book.  If you're referring to a shared note,  and two separate but collaborating Evernote account holders,  then it shouldn't be possible for two to be editing the same note at the same time.  Once one starts editing,  the other should be (politely) locked out.  Some changes are coming,  we're told,  when Evernote becomes a Working Environment (???) but that's not now.  If you need simultaneous editing,  why not do that job in Google Docs.  Once you've finished,  you could store the result in Evernote,  attached to a file,  because then (unlike G Docs) you can search for the note and through the file contents if you need to come back to the same subject in a few weeks or months time...

Editing the same shared note/ notebook / account is about as convenient as two people reading the same (paper) book.  If you're referring to a shared note,  and two separate but collaborating Evernote account holders,  then it shouldn't be possible for two to be editing the same note at the same time.  Once one starts editing,  the other should be (politely) locked out.  Some changes are coming,  we're told,  when Evernote becomes a Working Environment (???) but that's not now.  If you need simultaneous editing,  why not do that job in Google Docs.  Once you've finished,  you could store the result in Evernote,  attached to a file,  because then (unlike G Docs) you can search for the note and through the file contents if you need to come back to the same subject in a few weeks or months time...

i know that.

It is just because sometimes i am editing the shared note and my friend is editing,too. But we dont know we are editing the same time. Then we save the note and quit as usual. Acutally note cant be saved but we didnt notice that.Only when we check that note again, we find this situation.

i know that.

It is just because sometimes i am editing the shared note and my friend is editing,too. But we dont know we are editing the same time. Then we save the note and quit as usual. Acutally note cant be saved but we didnt notice that.Only when we check that note again, we find this situation.

Which probably explains why Evernote locks other users out, when one user already is editing the note, rather than the herding cats method you describe.

Archived