Ability To Embed Notes

I would love to be able to embed notes, if only in a 500x200 box where people could scroll through it. This would totally benefit Evernote, the user, and the viewer. I am thinking the ability to Clip articles, embed them into a site, and then write an article about that article would be perfect. Then, that site would get a backlink, some exposure, and the content on the User's site would be bolstered.

What are some of the cons to this? Could it be abused?

What are some more pros? Could or should this be implemented?

It used to be possible to embed an EN note into a blog/ site through an iFrame. Doesn't work anymore for the following reason:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/47303-embedding-shared-notes/#entry255211

Postach.io seems to be one possible solution (i.e. publish a note to the postach.io blog). But that won't work the way you're wanting. 

You could create a screenshot of a relevant part of the note you want to share... and then link to the public/ shared note by clicking on the image of the screenshot... also, make it open in a new tab.

Yeah that's certainly not what I'm wanting, but once the security issues are fixed I hope to see this feature return!

It would be a big time advertisement for the usefulness of Evernote and a huge help to marketers and writers.

Seems API would accomplish what I'm looking for?

Something that would be well beyond my ability might be to see if you can embed an RSS feed of your notes into your page. For example, you can use Zapier to make an RSS feed of notes in a given notebook, then embed that feed. 

Again, testing this fully is beyond my ability, but it's pretty trivial to get Zapier to create an RSS feed, so that's the easy part. I've written about that in several other locations here, if I come across it I'll link to it. 

EDIT:

Ok search turned it up pretty quick. In response to a  different question, I outline the process of getting Zapier to produce an RSS of your notes in a given notebook (you can select other criteria too):

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/68444-how-can-i-develop-a-word-cloud-within-evernote-folders/?p=305912

Archived