enhanced tags

for poeple who had typed thousands of notes in evernote...,many tabs are shared by alot of notes...so when you search notes in certain tag...many will appear..and even if you type 2 tags the notes will appear in most recent order not the one with highest number of matching tags..i sufgest that notes should be listed with the one matching the highest number of tags first...

• Level 5*

for poeple who had typed thousands of notes in evernote...,many tabs are shared by alot of notes...so when you search notes in certain tag...many will appear..and even if you type 2 tags the notes will appear in most recent order not the one with highest number of matching tags..i sufgest that notes should be listed with the one matching the highest number of tags first...

Notes appear in the note list according to the sorting criteria that you have set.

Default tag search is to match all of them, so unless you're doing an "any:" search, sorting by highest number of tags matched wouldn't make any difference. If you're doing an "any:" search, well, maybe that might help, but there's still room for ambiguity there: what if some notes match, say, two tags, but some notes match different sets of two tags?

I usually aim to filter to a screenful of note candidates; that's usually close enough to  be able to choose by eye. I find that adding a relevant text term often helps for tags that have been applied to many notes.

• Level 5*

If you enter "tag:Tag1 tag:Tag2" in the Search box, it should return ONLY those notes with BOTH tags.  You can add as many additional tags to the Search box as necessary.

If you are still getting too many results, you can add some text AFTER the Tag terms to further restrict the results.

For example:                         tag:Tag1 tag:Tag2 SomeText

A more specific example:    tag:car  tag:insurance  ford

• This would return ONLY those Notes with Tags of BOTH "car" and "insurance", AND the text "ford" in the Note Body, Title, or Tags

But in a direct answer to you question, the most recent version of EN Mac (v5.6) offers a new feature of sorting Search results by relevance.  I don't know if Evernote will add this to EN Win, but it seems likely to me.

Archived