Evernote Web beta

Grogvfx

Idea

Hi !

I'm starting to test the evernote web beta, here is some point of view I have for now.

First, everything seems quite nice and smooth, It's a pleasure. And It's making me very optimist on that upgrade.

Thanks also for the latest new webclipper in firefox/linux who work great like google chrome. :)

On the other side:

-The listing of the notes is really big.... not sure if it's suppose to be for a iphone 6 plus or something,  but you get the point. I'm loosing myself in the interface. Compare with the standalone software. A minimalist option will be great. Probably what we had before and now for the webinterface !?

- Any plans for a Pins ? To let the notebook listing open !?

- We have lost the option to get a preview of the pdf ? 

- Also about pdf, the opening of the file seems quite tricky, if you press the text, you start to be in edit mode? Not very handy for now.

- We can't move folders, the drag and drop doesn't work. I hope it's just temporary. I'm sure you know. :)

- Any 'Atlas' & 'Recent Notes' option for the web interface ? A bit geeky, but it could be fun :)

....Main issue so far, it's the size of the interface.
I have more notes than before, and I'm looking to have many more soon. If everything could be more handy on the web. It will be great.

Thanks again for the nice work! 

Cheers,
Guillaume

4 replies to this idea

To add my 2cts in this feedback thread, the nice feel of the new interface is great, but there are a couple of things that are bugging me big time in term of usability:

A. Full screen vs normal screen

When typing the new note in mode "full screen", there is no easy way to come back to the main, normal screen. The bottom line is that notes interact: I merge them, edit them in function of the content of others, etc... There should be:

1. a way to toggle between the full-screen edit and the editing-with-note-listings. The "done" button is a no-go: I don't necessarily want to save this note!
2. a shortcut for this toggle (and many more...)

3. The side bar appearing on hovering while in screen mode?

B. Painful Editing

I don't know if it's only me, but the management of the return carriage has always been a pain. Why not do like everywhere else?

"return" -> next paragraph (with vertical spacing)

"shift+return" ->  next line within paragraph.

1. In the beta, "enter" goes to next paragraph, backspace after that removes the vertical spacing... whaaat?

2. PLEASE have the bullets points be in the same paragraph. This is very ugly otherwise!

3. the beta has some strange bugs with modification of font type. Example: 

a. type smthg

b. shift return (good lord, it works)

c. ctrl+B

Wooooow something magically happens: I'm in the next paragraph now?

Thanks for the amazing work that you guys do at Evernote!

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Antoine

Archived