Changing all notebook view from single column to multi columned view

Gogz

I updated and the Notebooks layout has changed to a single column list view. It used to be multi columned so I could see them all at once. Am I able to change my view back to the multi columned view? If not this should be put back into the application as it is very useful to be able to see all topics at one, as it is much easier to scan a screen with your eyes that it is to scroll. There is also a lot of screen space wasted with the single list view.  

Yes, but the notes list is not my concern. It is the Notebooks view (where you can see all the categories you have filed all your notes into).  This is the view that is now a single column and used to have 3 columns.  Is it possible the view is due to me passing a certain threshold of notebooks? (e.g. it will display all the notebooks in 3 columns until you have 30 notebooks then it reverts to a single column view)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I think this is a recent change.  Your notebook view will display "stacks" and if you have a lot of notebooks and need to organise them a little,  stacks may be the way to go - as example you could have 'home' and 'work' stacks and list several notebooks under each.  Then if the list of all notebooks goes off one screen,  you can collapse stacks to hide one or more sets of notebooks and concentrate just on the ones that you need.

Yes I believe they have changed in recently.  Do you know perchance how I can petition to have them put it back in?

I have already organised quite a few things into stacks, but the problem is not all notebooks clearly fit into the defined stacks so I am reluctant to file them all under stacks should they be collapsed and I overlook them. It was just a lot nicer to have the columned view

I appreciate you trying to find a solution for me, I am just a bit picky and frustrated that this has changed. 

• 9 months later...

My dad and I both do not like the new notebook view. We both like seeing our stacks and notebooks in the left pane. Now it opens into a single pane in the middle of the screen. We like seeing everything all at once. What gives?

• 3 weeks later...

Like Gogz and Shodan 5150 I'm frustrated wtih the changed, single column (scroll-down) view. It's disruptive to productivity - the opposite of what Evernote is about for me. Please, developers, put it back to how it was before. It wasn't broken, why did you fix it  

Like Gogz and Shodan 5150 I'm frustrated wtih the changed, single column (scroll-down) view. It's disruptive to productivity - the opposite of what Evernote is about for me. Please, developers, put it back to how it was before. It wasn't broken, why did you fix it  

It sounds as though you hid the left panel. F10 will toggle it on/off.

Thanks for the idea but my F keys have obviously been changed from your F10 (that's the volume control on my Macbook Air). Any other ideas appreciated. The Left panel is visible. If you have another look at how the problem's been reported,  it's not the lack of a left column it's the lack of multi columned view. I used to be able to see pretty much all my notebooks on my large screen, now only very few (maybe 8-10). This has dramatically stripped speed from my process. Why ? What chance of getting it back - thanks again  

• Level 5*

Thanks for the idea but my F keys have obviously been changed from your F10 (that's the volume control on my Macbook Air).   

This thread, and the posts above, are all about the EN Win client.

The keyboard shortcuts are completely different for EN Mac.

You may want to post your issue in the Mac Help forum.

Archived