Scrolling issue as I type with Evernote on my iPad

Lately, as I type in Evernote - after I've typed a roughly a full screen-worth of text - I am having a scrolling issue. Each key stroke scrolls the screen up as I type until eventually I only can see a blank screen. I can scroll back down and see my text correctly, but each letter scrolls the page! It is so weird. I've tried zooming in, with minimal success. Each note will behave for a bit, but once the note goes bad I can't undo the scroll issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

This bug is making Evernote almost unusable to me, and I am so disappointed.

Thoughts?

I have an iPad 2, and I've updated my app yesterday, but the problem still persists. I also use a WiFi Zagg keyboard, and have for the past year.

THANK YOU!

Lately, as I type in Evernote - after I've typed a roughly a full screen-worth of text - I am having a scrolling issue. Each key stroke scrolls the screen up as I type until eventually I only can see a blank screen. I can scroll back down and see my text correctly, but each letter scrolls the page! It is so weird. I've tried zooming in, with minimal success. Each note will behave for a bit, but once the note goes bad I can't undo the scroll issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

This bug is making Evernote almost unusable to me, and I am so disappointed.

Thoughts?

I have an iPad 2, and I've updated my app yesterday, but the problem still persists. I also use a WiFi Zagg keyboard, and have for the past year.

THANK YOU!

I have the same problem ever time I am editing long notes. I will start typing,then the screen will jump to the end. The content goes to the write place but so much knowing what I just typed.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue with my iPad Air. Latest version of the app installed and the latest iOS installed (8.1.1)

I've tried reinstalling. Restarting and also reinstalling from the App Store. Nothing has worked. As I type, the pop-up keyboard on my iPad blocks what I'm typing.

Please help! I was going to upgrade just due to EN's usefulness, not because I need extra features and I have loads of my cients now using it. Sadly, now I can't even type in my notes and have recommended to my clients that they back up all notes.

This is a serious issue. I've exported all of my notes and hate to have to move onto something else so please Evernote, are you aware of this issue? What can be done?

Here is the COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL repsonse I received to my help ticket. Evernote is failing at customer service and doesn't care.

Evernote Support (Evernote Support)

Oct 23 10:36

Thank you for contacting Evernote customer support. We are unable to personally answer your inquiry. I'm closing this request today and encourage you to find the answer to your inquiry via a search on the Evernote Support page or with our active user community in the Evernote forums.

If you are having issues with login, account access, or a purchase, please reply to this email and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

Evernote Support

Thanks MeadowsBaird for sharing your response from Evernote. Looks like I may have to jumpship with Evernote as I can't use it. Unfortunately I've recommended it to dozens of clients, feel foolish for that one.

I'm wondering if there is a more useful forum for getting a response such as Twitter or Facebook. It doesn't seem Evernote actually monitors this forum for user feedback. Worse than that, they probably do monitor this forum but the response you received proves they don't seem to care enough about basic functionality and user experience to make improvements.

• Level 5

This particular response from Evernote was the one for a free user account. I am premium user and I am getting helpful responses. I think Evernote is just not coping at the moment with +100000000 users and they concentrate on the premium ones at the moment. I can understand that. Therefore, one solution would be to subscribe for a month of premium (˜5$€£) or to hope that another user in this forum has a solution. 

I am having problems with this as well. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4s. I can easily jot down short notes, but when I have a long one it will not show what I am typing and when I scroll down it goes back and disappears below the screen. This is extremely frustrating! I like Evernote because of its ability to sync directly to my phone (there are issues with that as well), but not sure what the alternatives are. They really need to fix this bug!

• 8 months later...

Sad that this is still a huge probably almost a year later. So what other tools can anyone recommend. Tagging, organizing and syncing between devices are the most important.

We use Dropbox but it has too many steps to be useful for quick notes on my devices

Sad that this is still a huge probably almost a year later. So what other tools can anyone recommend. Tagging, organizing and syncing between devices are the most important.

We use Dropbox but it has too many steps to be useful for quick notes on my devices

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have the same problem while typing in chrome in my PC.

My Ad hoc solution:

After the last line I just hit enter 4 or 5 times. Then I go back up and carry on typing. The page does scroll up a little and hide the last line but that's alright cause there's no actual sentences in the last line. The effective last line is 4 or 5 lines above and I just carry on typing merrily. Works for me. I hope it does for you too. Although annoying, I'm not upset with the Evernote. It's still an awesome App I get for free.

Archived