Attaching a documnt

I want to attach a PDF to a Note.  Some months back I was able to do so by dragging and dropping.  That no longer works: I "drop" and the file just disappears.  And there is no longer an attachment icon (paperclip) available in the Note.  What am I missing?  Thanks for your help!

Please always mention what version you are working on: Windows or Mac, because the lay-out & options are not identical.

anyway, in the Windows version the paper clip is hidden. On the toolbar (right hand pane above the note) o, on the extreme right there is a triple drop down arrow. Click on that and the paper clip will appear.

Don't know about the Mac version.

• Level 5*

anyway, in the Windows version the paper clip is hidden. On the toolbar (right hand pane above the note) o, on the extreme right there is a triple drop down arrow. Click on that and the paper clip will appear.

I'm not seeing this in Windows 7. Are you referring to the editing toolbar? I don't see it there. Nor do I see it in the bar directly above the notes list - on the right side of that bar is a tags icon and a dropdown that lets me choose note view (list, snippets, cards).

• Level 5*

I have the Evernote Windows version, but the icons are independent of Windows itself, whether Vista, 7 or 8. So look at the screenshot below.

Thanks for the screenshot. I actually have the paperclip icon and it's not hidden on my widescreen monitor, which is why I didn't see a triple dropdown arrow icon.

oh shoot -- my knowledge base is so limited.  How do I take a screen shot of my tool bar so I can show you?  Just tried the "print screen" and then "paste" but that didn't work.  (And that would have captured my entire screen image which I didn't really want to share anyway). I really do appreciate your efforts to help me!  Truly!

oh shoot -- my knowledge base is so limited.  How do I take a screen shot of my tool bar so I can show you?  Just tried the "print screen" and then "paste" but that didn't work.  (And that would have captured my entire screen image which I didn't really want to share anyway). I really do appreciate your efforts to help me!  Truly!

Below the box "Reply to this topic" there is a button "More reply options". Click on it & you will see attach options.

It sounds like you are working on the web version. I find I need to be "on" the note I want to drop to and I drop the file over the note pane on the right. I also find that I need to do that high on the screen of the note. The note will go gray before I can drop so if that is happening try moving your mouse around to see if or where it goes gray. 

Archived