Sync Issues

anthony61

I have been trying several times to get my devices to sync with each other. My i-pad tells me unable to sync and on my PC it says there is a problem with the service side. I have entered a couple of service tickets but they haven't been able to get anywhere with it. Any ideas or people having the same issue?

• Level 5*

Hi - do you have any notes you need on these devices?  Best advice would be to uninstall and reinstall the app on both the phone and the PC and make sure that you have logged in using the same user name and password on both.  Make sure you have a good internet connection too - Server-side problems mean the apps weren't able to connect to the Evernote central server correctly. 

• Level 5*

I have been trying several times to get my devices to sync with each other. My i-pad tells me unable to sync and on my PC it says there is a problem with the service side. I have entered a couple of service tickets but they haven't been able to get anywhere with it. Any ideas or people having the same issue?

There have been many sync issues reported recently in this forum.

You should be aware that IF you choose to uninstall/reinstall you may lose ALL unsync'd Notes.

On your PC, you should backup your Evernote DB, and export all unsync'd Notes, stored outside of your Evernote folder.

I would also report this issue via the Evernote Support Ticket (see below).

• Level 5*

Always a good idea to back up your notes and/or database, but uninstall/reinstall is very unlikely to lose notes, synced or unsynced. Notes, synced and unsynced, are saved in a SQLite database, and that's not removed by uninstalling (else you'd be in danger every time you did an upgrade, which involves an uninstall step). Notes are autosaved to the database during normal operation. If you shut down Evernote properly (File / Exit), that should pretty take care of things in that respect (that's a good time to back up your notes database, it's the .exb file that's located in the folder indicated when you do Tools / Options / General / Open Database Folder.

It might be of interest to look at your activity log (Help / Activity Log) to see if there's anything there that seems suspicious. You can try posting relevant parts of that here if there's nothing that's private showing in the log. You should also be checking the web client to see if notes are being synced at all, or it's just a subset.

Archived