My phone won't sync with my iPad...please help

You may want to check that you haven't inadvertently signed into a different account on the new device. This can happen if users accidentally hit "sign up" instead of "log in" when you first launch the application on your device thus creating a new account, or if you happened to have an old/abandoned account you don't use. 

• Level 5*

You could check to be sure the notebook you want is flagged for offline on both devices.  Don't know how the galaxy note works, but there are settings on the iPad for which notebooks to sync to the device.

You could check to be sure the notebook you want is flagged for offline on both devices.  Don't know how the galaxy note works, but there are settings on the iPad for which notebooks to sync to the device.

This is not exactly the correct interpretation of "offline" notebooks on these devices. 

"Offline" notebooks denote notebooks that are still synced to the server, and thus, all devices, but for which all contents are also stored locally on the device. The default is that only headers are downloaded unless the note is actually entered. So "offline" notebooks on mobile devices should still always be available on all devices.

This shouldn't be confused with "Local" notebooks on the desktop applications which are not synced to Evernote's servers, and thus NOT available on other devices. 

• Level 5*

This is not exactly the correct interpretation of "offline" notebooks on these devices. 

"Offline" notebooks denote notebooks that are still synced to the server, and thus, all devices, but for which all contents are also stored locally on the device. The default is that only headers are downloaded unless the note is actually entered. So "offline" notebooks on mobile devices should still always be available on all devices.

This shouldn't be confused with "Local" notebooks on the desktop applications which are not synced to Evernote's servers, and thus NOT available on other devices. 

I sit corrected, thanks.  My bad.

• Level 5*

Now I've signed back in on my iPad and everything I had on it is gone while trying to sync with my phone!!!! What do I do!! I've lost everything!!

OK, before you panic, log into the web version of Evernote and verify that your notes are there. If they are, then there's something either wrong with the syncing from the Evernote servers to your iDevices, or something's wrong with your login. If they're not, then you really have a problem, and you should contact customer support.

I sit corrected, thanks.  My bad.

No worries, it is understandably and often misunderstood. 

Archived