Lost note text - can individual note be recovered from backup ?

An important note was "blank" (title but no body text) on my EN on Windows (5.5.3.4236).   Then when I synchronized, it became "blank" (title but no body text) on server and other client copies.

There is nothing in the trash - because the note was not deleted - just the body text gone.

I think there is a corruption / integrity problem with the Windows client that erased the note - but nobody will believe me (and it is possible that I accidentally deleted the body text).

Are there any older versions available on the cloud database ?  Is there an easy way I could grab just this particular note from a backup archive ?

Thanks.

• Level 5

If you are a Premium member, you could view the history of the note and retrieve the information. It is backed up a couple times a day when a change is made.

If you a free user, you can buy a Premium membership for a month for $5 to access the note history information.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258632

And more importantly, backup the .exb file in Evernote on a regular basis.

*   If you're a premium user, and this note was synced, with the text you're looking for, sometime in the past, you should be able to recover it. Go to "Note" in the menu bar, then              "Note      History..." and you'll see options of past versions that you can recover.
*    If you're a free user, you're SOL, since note history is a feature offered only to premium users.

Thanks - will consider becoming premium.

If I stay "regular", should I do backups as exports to ENEX format ?  I've been just copying the local EN database folder on my laptop to my backup drive - doesn't seem real easy to recover a single note from this approach.

Thanks for your help !

Thanks - will consider becoming premium.

If I stay "regular", should I do backups as exports to ENEX format ?  I've been just copying the local EN database folder on my laptop to my backup drive - doesn't seem real easy to recover a single note from this approach.

Thanks for your help !

Both methods are not bad. You could do both at different intervals if you wanted to be very careful. Also it is worth noting that you should have an incremental backup for the greatest effectiveness. That is, you should keep a series of backups over time so you can revert back to multiple time points if needed. Simply archiving a single time point will be good for some things but multiple time points is best. 

Archived