Evernote won't remember my password

zsuki

Idea

Everytime I reboot my Mac and try to launch evernote, it pops-out a login screen asking me for password, but actually another windows with logged in is already open.

Its not a big deal but it's annoying! and this bug persists for years! come on! Just be serious!

13 replies to this idea

Not a bug,  else there would be thousands of complaints.  Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Evernote app on your system?  Have you raised a support request?

Yeah I have done more than that. I reinstalled the whole OS and Im pretty sure that I have "remember password" box checked.

\

Wow - sounds like a lot of effort;  have you downloaded and installed the latest Evernote desktop client from Evernote.com,  or are you using the Web version?

Im using the Mac app store version. the web version is fine to me. I've tried non-app store version before but it also has the same problem. I also tried everything on my second mac ( a mac mini) and the bug is still here.

• Level 5*

OK - not a mac expert,  so I'll have to defer to others for possible fixes.  Final thought - if you have the ticket number from your previous Support request and can quote it here,  we can get someone to take a look at any notes the agent might have made...

Since I don't know which method you used to reinstal I don't know if this will help or not but you can try to fix your Keychain.  The keychain is where Mac OSX stores all you passwords and tokens for apps and websites.  If something has gotten mixed up in the keychain it can lead to issues similar to what you are having.  If you did the reinstall where you just reinstall the OS but keeep everything else then you are still using the old keychain and this may help, if you wiped the drive and reinstalled everything including the apps then this probably is not going to help:

OSXDaily: Mac Apps Not Remembering Passwords? Fix Quickly By Repairing Keychain Access

http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/15/mac-apps-not-remembering-passwords-fix-quickly-by-repairing-keychain-access/

OK - not a mac expert,  so I'll have to defer to others for possible fixes.  Final thought - if you have the ticket number from your previous Support request and can quote it here,  we can get someone to take a look at any notes the agent might have made...

thanks for helping me with this. Im in Japan so I just saw your reply. Ill find the ticket number when I get home, cheers.

Since I don't know which method you used to reinstal I don't know if this will help or not but you can try to fix your Keychain.  The keychain is where Mac OSX stores all you passwords and tokens for apps and websites.  If something has gotten mixed up in the keychain it can lead to issues similar to what you are having.  If you did the reinstall where you just reinstall the OS but keeep everything else then you are still using the old keychain and this may help, if you wiped the drive and reinstalled everything including the apps then this probably is not going to help:

OSXDaily: Mac Apps Not Remembering Passwords? Fix Quickly By Repairing Keychain Access

http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/15/mac-apps-not-remembering-passwords-fix-quickly-by-repairing-keychain-access/

hey man thanks for helping. I just tried this following the article you gave me but it didn't work. I don't think it is anything do to with password keychain. because it only happens with evernote. I submitted a technical support an hope evernote developers will figure out this, cheers.

hey man thanks for helping. I just tried this following the article you gave me but it didn't work. I don't think it is anything do to with password keychain. because it only happens with evernote. I submitted a technical support an hope evernote developers will figure out this, cheers.

Ok, was worth a shot.  Hope you get it fixed.

• Level 5

it pops-out a login screen asking me for password, but actually another windows with logged in is already open.

This is a known issue which should already be fixed in our next release.

Please try the latest beta (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/65071-evernote-for-mac-56-beta-5/?p=294755) and let us know if this is still happening for you.

Was this issue ever resolved? Because I have the same problem.

I am sorry---I know this has been addressed before; however, answers and solutions are beyond my level of comprehension and expertise! :huh: I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion (don't laugh---I'm not ready for Yosemite! ;) And also upgraded to EN 5.5.2---I do NOT like the dull interface of the latest EN version (actually installed it, hated it, and downgraded to 5.5.2) Since then, almost everytime when I try to open EN on my Mac laptop, it prompts me for my password---annoying and not something I've had to deal with in the previous version. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Archived