auto-upload emails devouring my data - must stop....

For some unknown reason stacksocial email sent to me are persistently and mysteriously synched to my evernote account. As these tend to be graphics-heavy HTMLs my data is rapidly eaten up! I have NO memory of ever linking ANY emails with evernote for auto upload and didn't even know this was possible. Lo and behold, every email from stacksocial winds up in my evernote notebook and last month gobbled up all my meager data! So, I need to know how to stop this. It's driven' me nuts, I tells ya, nuts!

• Level 5*

Always helps to tell us what OS you're using,  or what hardware...

Evernote doesn't arbitrarily import emails,  so somewhere,  somehow you selected something or agreed to something which had this result.  Your Evernote account has an email address - are these emails being copied elsewhere by your mail system?  Try looking on Evernote.com - log into your account and view the My Account page - check Applications and Connected Services;  what connections exist;  anything to do with your email?  Check your stacksocial account;  do you have your Evernote address registered there for emails?

You can always have evernote change your evernote email -- that would block it -- it would block everything else automaticlly emailing to you too, but at least this one way of doing it

Log into account online -> Account Settings -> Account Summary -> Email Notes to -> hit Reset

Gazumped - Thanks. BTW I'm on an iMac/10.9. No, emails are definitely not being copied anywhere. And Evernote applications is one of the first places I looked - nothing is connected: no LinkedIn, no Google, no nothin' and certainly no stacksocial, for which there is no app anyway. You say "Evernote doesn't arbitrarily import emails". Well, I didn't think so, but when I contacted stacksocial they tried to blame it on Evernote. Go figure. 

JohnDM - You suggest dumping my Evernote email address. Thanks, did it already. That should put the brakes on this *****. We'll see.

I still can't figure out how this happened. It's certainly not serious, given the current state of the World and what have you. After all, people are driving around with bad GM ignitions. Others are running into emergency rooms with 4-hour+ erections. Hopefully these aren't the same folks! In light of all this mishegas a little email/data problem pales into insignificance. It just bugs me.

Thanks for all the advice and help!

• Level 5*

Do you use any IFTTT recipes?  Does no copies in your email mean no filters?  And the old standby, download or sign up for something recently.  We all know these things tend not to be random.

Do you use any IFTTT recipes?

Well, no, but I've got some killer brownie recipes. And another for making "mock" Gefilte fish.

Does no copies in your email mean no filters?

No, I got filters. Got plenty of 'em. Want some?

And the old standby, download or sign up for something recently.

Well, I did send that nice young Prince from Nigeria my so sec and credit card numbers.......

• Level 5*

Well, no, but I've got some killer brownie recipes. And another for making "mock" Gefilte fish.

Well, I did send that nice young Prince from Nigeria my so sec and credit card numbers.......

Nice.

"ba-dum-bum . . .TSH"

(Rim shot from the peanut gallery)

Archived